PDA

View Full Version : Winter Aconite

Anita Bower
03-04-2011, 07:13 AM
These are the second flowers to bloom here. The bright yellow brings a smile to my face.

Nikon D300, Sigma 105mm macro, 1/200, f 3.5, ISO 200, tripod, manual focus, manual exposure, taken outdoors.

PP: PS7, basic adjustments, high pass, clone bg, applied two of my overlays, Solid Color (brown) to darken bg only, denoise. I may have oversharpened.

I always learn from your comments.

bhavya joshi
03-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Hey anita, Can I ask One question??
We can edit Background ok.. But We can Created Our own Background For Any subject. or it is not called self photography.:2
The main part is BG in image if BG is not good than image not look nice.

And this image looking fantastic... Here BG suits Flower combination looking nice..
Thank you..

Anita Bower
03-05-2011, 06:36 AM
Hey anita, Can I ask One question??
We can edit Background ok.. But We can Created Our own Background For Any subject. or it is not called self photography.:2
The main part is BG in image if BG is not good than image not look nice.

Bhavya:
Are you asking if it is OK to make changes to the background on an image posted on this forum? I think the answer is yes, so long as the resulting image looks natural. If I misunderstood your question, please ask again.
Here is the original image, before I made changes to the background:

Ken Childs
03-05-2011, 07:33 AM
Hi Anita, I like the shallow DOF on this and of course water drops are always a nice bonus. Your edit feels a bit tight on the right side so you might want to consider adding back in the slice that you cropped away. Nice work on the BG! :S3:

I don't recognize the flower so I don't think we have them here.

Anita Bower
03-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi Anita, I like the shallow DOF on this and of course water drops are always a nice bonus. Your edit feels a bit tight on the right side so you might want to consider adding back in the slice that you cropped away. Nice work on the BG! :S3:

I don't recognize the flower so I don't think we have them here.

Thanks for your comments, Ken. Ironically enough, I took off the slice on the left to make the flowers be less centered after reading your comments on my prior image. :S3:

Winter Aconites are not natives, so unless you planted them you don't have them.

bhavya joshi
03-05-2011, 09:02 AM
[QUOTE=Anita Bower;643615]Bhavya:
Are you asking if it is OK to make changes to the background on an image posted on this forum? I think the answer is yes, so long as the resulting image looks natural. If I misunderstood your question, please ask again.
Here is the original image, before I made changes to the background:[/QUOTE

You Understand my question but, Change of BG is OK In This forum, But In field or other place.. We can do this type of editing??
It is not called bad Quality For Photographer.???:w3
Thank you.. For reply.

Anita Bower
03-05-2011, 09:48 AM
You Understand my question but, Change of BG is OK In This forum, But In field or other place.. We can do this type of editing??
It is not called bad Quality For Photographer.???:w3
Thank you.. For reply.

I suppose some photographers make very few changes to the background or other parts of their images. Others make lots of changes. I don't think there is one right way. With current software for editing photos, many changes are possible. If too many changes are made, the photo might be considered photo illustration, or digitally altered photograph. Just what is OK to do in editing a photograph is a subject of debate and difference of opinion.

bhavya joshi
03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Thanks.. for good advice..

Chris Korman
03-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Nice flower portrait. I might also do a comparison with one that does not have the soft focus effect.

Roman Kurywczak
03-06-2011, 10:38 AM
Hey Anita,
You are correct that as long as you disclose it.....and it looks pretty natural.....we allow it. We're a pretty lienient bunch here too.....so we just ask people not to go overboard or we will copy it to the OOTB forum!

I like the shallow DOF and what you have done to the BG also. More room right for me too.....maybe not all of it:bg3:.....but still a bit tight even for me:2eyes2:! Your PP'ing work really made this a standout!!!

Patrick Sparkman
03-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I like it Anita. The shallow DOF and the overall bold, warm color. I agree with the need for just a touch more canvas on the right. Great job changing the background. It looks better, but still natural.