PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagle with lunch

Ruhikanta Meetei
03-03-2011, 01:27 PM

1D Mark IV, Ef 500, F/5.0, ISO 1000 hand-held. Would have preferred loose crop but I did not have space at the right.

Thanks,
Ruhikant

John Guastella
03-03-2011, 05:39 PM
Wonderful capture, with excellent detail all around. The drops of water trailing from the fish really give the image some dynamism. The eagle's head is a bit overexposed on my monitor - wonder if you could bring out some more detail there. You might also be able to bring out some detail on the underside of the left wing (viewer's perspective) with an S&H adjustment.

I notice that in many threads, posters claim they would have preferred a looser crop but didn't have room. It's not that difficult to add canvas and clone in FG or BG, so if you feel a looser crop would work better here (I don't, personally) you may want to give it a try.

John

Danny J Brown
03-03-2011, 05:49 PM
This one really came close and you nailed it. The head caught a little extra light but the shot is fantastic to me. Looks like a freshwater drum.

DB

Randy Stout
03-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Ruhikanta:

Dramatic shot, good advice above.
I would try a multiply or linear burn selection layer on the head to tone down the whites, it certainly looks like there is enough there to get a nice result.

Prey is excellent.

Agree about a bit more canvas, and adding some wouldn't be too tough here.

Cheers

Randy

Mikko Viljamaa
03-03-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm usually the one who's crying more room for the bird but for some reason I like this a lot as it is. Nice shot with superb details.

Mikko

arash_hazeghi
03-04-2011, 02:36 AM
excellent dynamic pose with great details. a bit tight for my taste

Brad Fields
03-04-2011, 06:33 PM
You captured the action nicely Ruhikant. I like the exposure on the feathers and also both the Eagle the fish are very sharp. I do wish there was more room on the right.

Matt Shetzer
03-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Gorgeous Shot !!

Agree that the head might be a bit over exposed. See if you have any detail there. I wouldn't worry about it at all if not.

The detail and lighting in the feathers is superb !!!

Congratulations on a great shot !

Matt

Kiran Poonacha
03-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Great IQ here, loved those talons.. nice action too...

Art Kornienko
03-05-2011, 07:03 AM

1D Mark IV, Ef 500, F/5.0, ISO 1000 hand-held. Would have preferred loose crop but I did not have space at the right.

Thanks,
Ruhikant

John has some good comments but would like to say that for hand-held it's really impressive.