PDA

View Full Version : Red Rose...

bhavya joshi
03-03-2011, 06:00 AM
Hello, once again..
As I told earlier This time I choose theme Rose.
In my previsions image there some correction needed.. So This time I uploading A new figure of Red rose. I Focus on main in droplets and little bit make abstract image.
With Canon A495
F/3.0, ISO:80
I hope You all like it...
Thank you..:S3:
http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/190664_197853356911395_100000601962672_671523_4066 43_n.jpg

Anita Bower
03-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Those water drops are lovely on the curving lower petal. Nicely thought out and composed. Good job with the reds, which I find challenging to photograph.

I think the water drops would stand out more if the upper part of the rose where a bit darker. Can you do that with the software you have--maybe using "burn." As it is, the bright upper area draws my eye away from the lovely water drops.

Thanks for sharing.

Ken Childs
03-04-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Joshi, you have found another beautiful rose and the water drops are a very nice bonus! I agree with Anita about darkening the overly bright part of the rose. It does draw your eye away from the nice drops and I can tell that there is some detail in that area that is hard to see because it is so bright. If you can manually change the aperture setting on your camera, I think you should be able to squeeze out a little more DOF. Since there is more DOF than I would expect at f3, maybe going to F8 would be enough.

I'm looking forward to your next rose shot! :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Hey Joshi,
The above critiques covered my thoughts. I may have preferred the entire center part of the rose in the frame......and another option was to go in even tighter to eliminate the UL entirely. Just some thoughts to keep in mind for nest time out shooting roses!