PDA

View Full Version : Re-Create contest extended till March 15!!

Indranil Sircar
03-03-2011, 01:45 AM
We wanted to get few more creative ideas and decided to extend the contest till March 15... Show us some more of your creative ideas...

Here is one for week's theme in combination with re-create!! I used an existing OOF bg image with long shadows. Used Topaz Remask to extract the bird. Copy to a new layer. Reduced opacity so the bg shadow shows up on the bird.... increased saturation and added s-curve for a bit of contrast. Hope you like it...

denise ippolito
03-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Indranil, Great idea to extend the contest. I haven't even had time to take a stab at it. Nice clean extraction. It has an almost 3D look to it.:S3:

Andrew McLachlan
03-03-2011, 04:36 PM
Nicely done Indranil! Thanks for extending the contest - gives me time to take another stab at it.

Richard Lovison
03-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Indranil,

I love the soft glow this image seems to have along with your choice of background and how you played with the light on the top of the bird (it matches well with the light and shade of the background). Beautifully done. If it were mine I might try to clone some background into the two, small bluish areas in the neck area left over from the original image.

Richard

Indranil Sircar
03-06-2011, 11:24 AM
Thanks all; appreciate it a lot.

Indranil,

I love the soft glow this image seems to have along with your choice of background and how you played with the light on the top of the bird (it matches well with the light and shade of the background). Beautifully done. If it were mine I might try to clone some background into the two, small bluish areas in the neck area left over from the original image.

Richard

Thank you Richard. The light on the bird was more an effect created from changing the opacity. The white foreground took the shadow of the lower layer creating the effect. I will fix the bluish area on the original.