PDA

View Full Version : Spring arrival hdr

daniel valovich
03-02-2011, 12:28 PM
Attitudes have improved with early spring arrival of color.The cherry blossums are beautiful. March winds will make for great kite flying and cross wind landings.
5 images bracketed -2/-1/0/+1/+2 in photomatix and edited in cs5
f22
nikon d300
nikon 17-55 2.8 dx
HH
Iso 200

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_0lSa66pPKio/TW5rNCuHp7I/AAAAAAAAGyY/yK_tz8KeM7w/s800/kite%20flyer%20and%20cherry%20frontal.jpg

Dave Mills
03-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi Dan, the cherry blossoms are beautiful when in full bloom. I find the simpler the image with less extraneous subject matter is generally more effective. I cropped the image on both sides and filled in areas where the backround was showing. I also straightened the image since the building is leaning left. I possible If would have tried to find an angle without the building in the backround...

After a 2nd look the building could be straightened a bit more...

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:30 PM
Hey Daniel,
Cherry blossoms are still 2 months away here! I agree with Dave......looking at this getting closer and lower may have given you something close to what Dave reposted......moving slightly right would have given the seperation. Just some things to keep in mind for in the field.

daniel valovich
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
Hey Daniel,
Cherry blossoms are still 2 months away here! I agree with Dave......looking at this getting closer and lower may have given you something close to what Dave reposted......moving slightly right would have given the seperation. Just some things to keep in mind for in the field.

Thanks Dave and Roman.
I did take some without the building. I am in agreement. Thanks!

Robert Amoruso
03-03-2011, 06:46 AM
Daniel,

I realize that the bottom of the building and the walkway was probably not to scenic, hence you cropping it out, but by doing that you make your viewer wonder what is missing and why and them not concentrating on the center of interest of this image. In this case the stature of the kite flyer and blossoms.
As mentioned, simplifying images like this is a good strategy. What you first see in a scene is rarely the best composition. In this case, and if possible walking around the scene and trying to fete the statute juxtaposed with the blossoms and blue sky would have edn one option.

Hope this is a place you can go back to.

Andrew McLachlan
03-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Daniel, beautiful colors! Agree with above comments. I like Robert's suggestion to try one with the statue, blossoms and blue sky.

daniel valovich
03-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Daniel, beautiful colors! Agree with above comments. I like Robert's suggestion to try one with the statue, blossoms and blue sky.

Here is the original photo
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/_0lSa66pPKio/TXANAOv3ikI/AAAAAAAAGz0/wa0YOm7fEyg/s800/kite%20flyer%20and%20cherry%20frontal.jpg

Chris Korman
03-05-2011, 11:49 PM
I really much prefer the original in pane #7 to the others, as the composition is too forced and the viewer can tell you are withholding something "below". I may have worked on establishing a photo that is the best possible in camera composition to avoid cropping the photo afterwards, sometimes this can be hard to do. With that said, I like pane #7, but may have gone for more of a symmetry shot, centering the pool and getting down lower.