03-02-2011, 04:13 AM
Dear All

Serengeti Storms , Serengeti , with D300 , 300/F4 at F4, ISO 400 , 1/800
I am loving rain curtain here :S3:
All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Marc Mol
03-02-2011, 05:53 AM
Love the mood depicted here, looking almost snow like.
Anything closer Harshad with perhaps a slower SS?
TFS

Hilary Hann
03-02-2011, 06:00 AM
Fantastic, almost surreal look to this image. It does look like a snowstorm, absolutely brilliant.

Grant Atkinson
03-02-2011, 07:08 AM
Hi Harshad, nice behaviour captured here as well, the middle lion is lapping the rainwater off of the cubs coat to drink...
Well done for staying out in the rain...
cheers
Grant

Robert Amoruso
03-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Harshad,

The two trees in the back could be a strong presence in the image if they were not clipped and placed in the image equa-distant in the BG from left and right edges and not clipped at top. Here they act more as a distraction. I recommend cropping this into a pano. I also feel the the left lion facing away hurts the scene. I realize that it is difficult to get all of them to be looking in the right directions.

My feeling here is that the colorful surroundings, two trees and the moody look of the rain would have made an excellent animal in landscape scene with a wider view. Perhaps you made that image too.

Harshad Barve
03-02-2011, 08:25 AM
Thanks Robert

Harshad,

The two trees in the back could be a strong presence in the image if they were not clipped and placed in the image equa-distant in the BG from left and right edges and not clipped at top. Here they act more as a distraction.

I will have to find out among 100 + images , hope to have one with no trees clipped

I recommend cropping this into a pano.

Here is re-post but not sure , this does not work for me

also feel the the left lion facing away hurts the scene. I realize that it is difficult to get all of them to be looking in the right directions.

I may have frame with three looking in ' right ' direction

My feeling here is that the colorful surroundings, two trees and the moody look of the rain would have made an excellent animal in landscape scene with a wider view. Perhaps you made that image too.

I have that , will post later on :S3:

Rachel Hollander
03-02-2011, 09:07 AM
Harshad - I prefer the repost. The distinct horizontal bands of color in the habitat together with the rain give the image an almost surreal feel. Nice of the lions to cooperate and stay in the similarly colored grasses so as not to disturb the banding effect :S3:.

TFS,
Rachel

Vivaldo Damilano
03-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Harshad I prefer the OP, just personal but do agree with Robert, maybe you have the whole tree. I love the mood, rain make this image different, like it alot TFS:cheers::cheers:

Todd Frost
03-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Sweet image Harshad. I like the op myself. Good colors and yes it looks like snow in Africa. Very different and well done.
TFS
Todd

Brendan Dozier
03-02-2011, 06:07 PM
What a wonderful family scene you captured, Harshad. Love the rain curtain and whole feel of this. I also prefer the OP, but of course there is always room for improvement. Well done!

Hilary Hann
03-02-2011, 06:13 PM
Prefer the OP but am keen to see what other frames you might have of this very nice scene. Agree with Robert's points but cropping out the trees seems to have taken some of the depth and interest out of the image.

Steve Canuel
03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
What a downpour! I like the layers of different colored vegetation. Nice feel to this one.

Ken Watkins
03-03-2011, 04:25 AM
Harshad,

I prefer the OP, but I think this is more about the BG than the subjects, tidy positioning may look "better" but it is rarely seen.

Morkel Erasmus
03-03-2011, 04:13 PM
very nice scene! I too would like to see a wider scape, and one with slower SS for "rain-blur" :)
the rain adds a lot of mood

I like the pano repost as I agree with Robert's compositional critiques :c3: