PDA

View Full Version : Buzzard, common as muck

Neil_burton
03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
New member posting a recent shot. Looks like I have to wait until next winter for more, snow has all gone :( Maybe next time he will land on the right perch :e3

1DIII, 500 f4
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_hB_JiKuJRQg/TUfOTtnFfxI/AAAAAAAAADg/jsYmIb1Zskg/s1600/4EdwinII.jpg

Randy Stout
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Neil:

A big welcome to BPN. A great place to learn and grow as a nature photographer.

Good looking bird, sharp, like the snowy background.

Generally the images are more engaging if the head is turned a bit more our way.

The cut off end of branch below the bird is a bit distracting.

On my monitor, the image could go a bit brighter.

Again, welcome, and look forward to more.

Please include full details on aperture,shutter speed, etc, and about post processing, so we can better understand and critique the image.

cheers

Randy

Clemens Vanderwerf
03-01-2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Neil, Welcome to BPN!
Nice bird, colors and exposure. Like how his feet are grapping the perch. You are correct that the perch is not ideal, especially because of the second branch that is cut off half way. It would have been nice if the bird had looked more towards you instead of away from you. Another negative is that there is a branch right in front of the tail. Hopefully more luck soon!

Daniel Cadieux
03-01-2011, 07:40 PM
Hey Neil...welcome to BPN!!:S3:

IQ looks great, but as pointed by you and the previous posters the perch is not ideal because of the cut-off branch (and the one pointing up from below is also bummer). HA not perfect either - hard to get them to do so mid-action. The talons look so small and delicate for a raptor - love the one slightly raised.

We got a pretty good dumping of snow yesterday...you can have some of it if you want it!

Neil_burton
03-02-2011, 04:42 PM
They are a delicate bird, well, ish. They are like ghosts often appearing without me realizing....I was lucky to get this much of the landing. Agree about the perch guys but nature is what she is. :2eyes2:

Send that white stuff over!!