PDA

View Full Version : White Rose...some say love, it is a flower...

Grady Weed
03-01-2011, 11:58 AM
...far beneath the bitter snow, lies the seed, that with the suns love, in the spring... becomes a rose!

White Rose Specs: Camera Model Canon EOS 5D, Shooting Date/Time 2/28/2011 5:48:15 PM, Shooting Mode Aperture-Priority AE, Tv( Shutter Speed ) 1/30, Av( Aperture Value ) 10.0, Metering Mode Partial Metering, Exposure Compensation +2/3, ISO Speed 200, Lens EF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM, Focal Length 100.0mm, RAW, Flash Off, White Balance Mode Auto, AF Mode One-Shot AF, Picture Style Portrait
Sharpness 2, cropped for a 11x14 print.

Well what do you think? Do you like them?

bhavya joshi
03-01-2011, 12:47 PM
Hey grady...
White Rose My favourite... :c3: I like it..really..
I happy that you also like roses ... and its photography..
this roses give so many....
different pattern and design beautifully to captured.. and from this we can get more help in macro field..

carry on.. with roses..

Allen Sparks
03-01-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Grady,
I like the composition and the placement of the flowers. You did not mention if you used a tripod but think it would be needed at that slow a shutter speed. I would suggest a narrower aperture would give more DOF which would help the image overall.

Grady Weed
03-01-2011, 06:06 PM
Allen, I was hand holding the camera. I put the vase in the snow bank outside out office window and shot from 3 feet away. I used all natural light, no flash. i considered using f22 and 200-400 ISO for more speed. But as it was I was just kicking around to beat the winter blues. Perhaps next time a tripod and cable release. Thanks for the input.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Hey Grady,
Wasssuuup??? Long time no see here so nice to have you back!
I'm a huge fan of f/22.....but going the other way and going wide open may have also been a good choice.....although the tripod would allow for a more precise focal point. Looking forward to more.....and don't forget that you can bring them inside too!

Anita Bower
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Very nice composition, light, color. I like the perspective--looking down at the roses, and having the roses fill the frame. The yellow shadows are lovely.

The main suggestion I would make is to use unblemished roses. I usually discover blemishes on flowers when I see the image on the monitor. Those brownish spots on the upper curves of the outer petals detract from the beauty of this image.

Looking forward to more.

Brendan Dozier
03-02-2011, 10:42 PM
For just kicking around, this came out pretty nice. Good exp. and nice creamy white colors, and shadows do enhance image. I kind of want to go a bit tighter, but it is still a nice comp.