PDA

View Full Version : While drinking

Marcin Biskupek
03-01-2011, 01:42 AM
Unfortunately reynox has this one little disadvantage that u can't really get a good frame mostly because the distance to object is always the same.
I know that this photo isn't perfect and that i could take it little higher and to the left. I wanted to share it with you because i like it very much... it brings summer back :")
And what do you think about it??

Canon 20D with 70-300IS lens at 70mm + REYNOX, f/32 , 1/200 with IS with flash. ISO 800, HH.

http://djjfoto.u2.pl/galleries/Macro/2009-07-19/Macro_012.jpg

Chris Korman
03-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Nice capture, I am unfamiliar with the lens in question, but I like the effect. Two things I am thinking about are 1) the clipped antenna, 2) perhaps tone down the brights whites in the image, esp. around the mouth and the pistols of the plant by about a 1/6th of a stop.

Marcin Biskupek
03-01-2011, 02:40 AM
i'm watching some tutorials how to make it with ps and i'll try to fix it and repost.

Grady Weed
03-01-2011, 12:02 PM
The clipped antenae is real definite distraction. I do like the head angle and eye contact here. A nice perch for the butterfly.

Ken Childs
03-01-2011, 04:02 PM
Hey Marcin, I like your idea of bringing summer back! I can hardly wait for the warm weather and the bugs that come with it to return to my part of the world. The clipped antenna is definitely a distraction so since it's already been clipped, you might as well take the entire shot in tighter. Besides the obvious crop, I used Photoshop's SH to take down the bright areas, then I added a little saturation, used Neat Image to reduce the noise in the BG, selected the eyes and the right antennal club and increased the contrast there and then gave it a round of High Pass sharpening. Hopefully this will give you some ideas to work with when bug season arrives. :S3:

Allen Sparks
03-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Nice close capture and Ken's repost brings it up a notch...

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Hey Marcin,
Ken's repost works well......but I do wish the antennae wasn't cut off in either one. I think this works pretty well.......but I do think you need to keep that in mind for next time in the field.