PDA

View Full Version : San Sebastián Bernal

Roy Priest
03-01-2011, 01:30 AM
This is a textile factory in the town of San Sebastián Bernal in the shadow of Peña de Bernal.
Peña de Bernal (in English: Bernal's Boulder or Bernal Peak) At 350 meters (1150 ft) it is the fourth-tallest monolith in the world, after Mount Augustus, the Rock of Gibraltar and Sugarloaf Mountain.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peña_de_Bernal

Dave Mills
03-01-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi Roy, Great colors and is a good representation of the building. This type of subject lends itself to numerous compositions. Artistically speaking I might have concentrated more on individual pieces(smaller compositions) which might very well have been stronger than the whole. I find it a bit busy...

Robert Amoruso
03-01-2011, 06:59 PM
Roy, post the technical information. Reason I say this is that you have converging vertical lines ( see right side vertical on building). I am guessing wide-angle tilted up.

Dave had a good suggestion on looking gfor the composition in the composition. This is a nice travel image. I am thinking have a person or persons in it might have aided the composition to bring a different level of interest to the image.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Hey Roy,
Can't add much to the above advice......but will mention that you should pull back the cyan in the sky......looks a bit weird so adjusting hte blue and toning cyan down will probably help. Another option is for you to try a exposure blend on this or even go in an selectively highlight certain areas......just another option for you to explore.

Andrew McLachlan
03-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Hi Roy, agree with the above comments. Love the colors of the building!