03-01-2011, 12:54 AM
iso200
1/320
F9
PP in nx2

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_0236-2.jpg

Dave Mills
03-01-2011, 11:08 AM
Hi Dan. Nice ranch nestled in the mountains. First off I would crop out about half the sky. No real interest there other than the color. Secondly, you applied either a filter or a technique which seem to have softened the image which adds more subjectivity. Finally, the tree in the center seems to bother my eye due to it's business and lack of clarity....

Morkel Erasmus
03-01-2011, 03:47 PM
can't add much more to Dave's critique here...the detail does seem to be amiss...nice colours though

Robert Amoruso
03-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Dan,

I would agree with Dave's crop suggestion. Though I am in an iPad, sharpness does look off. Sometimes posting remotely from sites like flickr, etc. can affect this.

I think you did a good job with the exposure of the snow. Nice detail on the mountains and ground. Roof tops, though brighter, do not look overexposed.

dankearl
03-01-2011, 11:02 PM
Thanks for the comments. I sort of expected it.
I did purposely blur and resharpen the photo. My idea was to recreate the old Currier & Ives
Christmas card look.
Obviously it did not work as planned.
Oh well, I just like to try different processing ideas, some work, most do not.
Thanks again for looking and taking the time to comment.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Hey Dan,
Late to the party.....well OK....just remeber to put that in the specs.....because as a rule.....we figure you are posting a "sharp" image for critique! I will comment on your intent then.......this works pretty well as soft.......but the big expanse of white on the roof is distracting.....so any bit of detail you could get in there will help. I still want the crop......and pulling out some detail/contrast in the trees .....for more seperation from the barns......this will give you the look you are going for.....so I think a bit more work is in order!
Don't froget to repost it if you get a chance and do the rework.