PDA

View Full Version : Flower

Jay Sheinfield
02-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Can't remember the name of the flower. Added some canvass, curves work and some clean up of OOF elements. I missed getting the stamen fully inside the flower.........it was quite small. about an inch or so in diameter.....

Nikon D3s
ISO 800\
105mm
F/8

Comments welcome

Brendan Dozier
02-28-2011, 09:05 PM
Really like the colors, softness and abstract look to this, Jay. Has a kind of watercolor feel to it. If it were mine, I might experiment and further blur the orange & yellow parts, and also seeing what sharpening those parts would look like for a different option.

Dave Leroy
03-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I really like the nice curves and contours as well as the oof areas.

I see what you mean by the stamen not being inside the flower. It feels like you want to go either lower and to the right to get it out or higher and left to get in backstopped by the petal.

I agree with the nice "painterly" feel to it. Very soft.

Dave

Ken Childs
03-01-2011, 11:23 AM
Hey Jay, great colors here and I like the shallow DOF! I agree that a slight step to the left would have got the stamen inside the flower and would have improved this but it still looks good as is. I think you could go a bit sharper on the dark orange area, maybe using sharpen edges. Is there a reason you posted a small version of this file?

BTW, I think this is a Crocus. :S3:

Jay Sheinfield
03-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone............Ken, no reason. I think I messed up on the photoshop re-size.

Roman Kurywczak
03-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Hey Jay,
yep.....first up is usually the crocus.....and looks like it! I am a bit bothered by the stamen going out the right.......no way of fixing that unless you included it. PP clean up is also an option. Just some food for thought.

bhavya joshi
03-03-2011, 06:06 AM
Hello jay..
Nice image.. I like the Combination of colour, Yellow and purple.. Really.. Looking Like someone has done painting.
Good luck for next.