PDA

View Full Version : Lowepro Pro Roller x200 Case for Canon 600mm f4 IS, 2 pro bodies etc?

Ofer Levy
02-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Hi all,
Does anyone own this bag and can let me know whether I can fit a Canon 600mm f4 IS (without the hood), 2 bodies and a flash or two?
Any recommendations for a bag if this one won't do the trick?
Thanks,
Ofer
http://www.oferlevyphotography.com

Doug Brown
02-27-2011, 10:58 AM
I'm a big fan of the Think Tank Photo Airport Security 2.0. I can cram that bag full of gear! I easily fit my 500 and 600 (without hoods), 400 f/5.6, 70-200 f/4, Mark IV, 7D, and a bunch of other stuff into the Think Tank bag (to be clear I'm talking about packing all of this at once).

Michael_Loizou
02-27-2011, 12:17 PM
I agree with the Think tank as the LowePro is too deep for complying with some airlines

Megg McNamee
02-27-2011, 03:35 PM
The Think Tank is THE ONLY WAY TO GO! The LowPro Roller is huge, bulky, heavy and doesn't fit anywhere inside the plane. Go to the Think Tank web site where they explain and show what lenses fit in which of their bags.

Ken_Bower
02-27-2011, 03:41 PM
The Think Tank bag looks great. For those who have used that bag or similar have you run into any problems with the total weight of it weighing more than the carry on restrictions?

Some airlines only allow 18 - 22lbs even if it meets the size requirement.

Ofer Levy
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys! Will order the Think Tank...:w3

Kenny Wong
02-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Tamrac 5588, such that you don't need to use two separate bags for your daily use and flights separately. Tamrac 5588 serves as a backpack when you go out for bird photography, and it can pass the airport for flights.

Giulio Zanni
02-28-2011, 05:31 PM
You might consider also the new line of Kata bags, like the FlyBy-76 PL. They are lighter than TT but still very robust. You can remove the trolley and in some models you can even add shoulder straps.

Giulio

Elliotte Rusty Harold
03-02-2011, 11:55 AM
The Think Tank bag looks good. I may well buy one since my current backpack is thoroughly stuffed. (If I want to add a short lens to my kit it has to go in my pocket.) Two questions:

1. Does it fit on America Eagle type puddle jumpers, or just the big jets?

2. Does it fit on international flights? The description explicitly indicates that it meets U.S. carry-on requirements. Does that include American/Delta/etc. international flights or just domestic? If it doesn't fit on European or Asian airlines, is there a bag that fits on both?

Megg McNamee
03-02-2011, 01:06 PM
I have to fly on puddle jumpers to get anywhere from where I live. No big backpack is going to fit anywhere under or over those seats, no matter who makes it. I always "gate check" my gear bag....I take it to the plane entrance and pick it up at the same spot when I get off the plane. The bag does not go through the regular baggage route but is put on top of the luggage that is already in the hold. It is a perfect way to handle the problem. I have had to resort to this method on all sorts of planes as the flight attendants are somewhat reluctant to let you try to stuff it over or under. The Think Tank is guaranteed to fit....just difficult to persuade some of the airline personnel.

Ken_Bower
03-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Do you guys think that this hard case will fit onto the regional/puddle jumper flights?
Exterior size: 18.2" x 13.4" x 6.7"

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/568939-REG/Hardigg_Storm_Case_IM2300_00002_iM2300_Storm_Case_ with.html

Elliotte Rusty Harold
03-10-2011, 12:44 PM
Anyone have an opinion about the international vs. the regular Think Tank Photo Airport Security? Will the international model fit both American and International airlines? How much less does the international model hold?