PDA

View Full Version : Tiny

Brendan Dozier
02-27-2011, 12:28 AM
Dew drops on bird of paradise leaf. Thought it looked more interesting when I flipped it vertically and cropped. Did a content aware fill on ULC to remove white area.
Standard ACR & PP.

7D, EF100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM
1/50

Jerry van Dijk
02-27-2011, 04:42 AM
Hi Brendan, this is wonderful! I wish there was a bit more of the leaf in the frame, for instance filling about 1/3 of the frame. I really like how the curved lines lead my eye trough the frame. The pano crop you chose works very well. Very well done!

Colin Driscoll
02-27-2011, 05:45 AM
Interesting, and clever title. Good lateral thinking to flip it too. Such a tidy picture is spoiled IMO by that little dag at the bottom centre of the middle droplet. Easy enough to clone out.

Anita Bower
02-27-2011, 07:59 AM
Beautiful reflections in the water drops! Love those colors! Great idea and execution. Do wish that bit of leaf were not interfering with the center drop.

Brendan Dozier
02-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Thanks for the feedback you guys. I think your're right, I took out that dag in the center part of the middle drop.

Anita Bower
02-27-2011, 02:39 PM
Good job, removing that little bit of something. How did you do that?

Chris Korman
02-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Hello Brendan,

Very nice image, if you happen to have more room from your crop, or you can reshoot, I might suggest the following changes: include more of the plant in the image, and crop off a lot of the blank space above the image. Something like this:

http://webs.lanset.com/hypoploi/jpeg/dewdrops-concept.jpg

Dave Leroy
02-28-2011, 12:56 AM
I had not noticed the little dag at first but certainly looks better without it.

I really like the nice detail and colours in the drops. Well done.

An interesting couple of suggestions of having more leaf in the frame. A tighter pano crop from top may achieve the same thing.

Good eye.

Dave

Brendan Dozier
02-28-2011, 01:58 AM
Anita, I just used the clone tool in CS5 to remove the dag.

Thanks Chris and Dave for your comments. I played around with moving/cropping to get more of leaf into frame, but it put the middle drop pretty much right in the center of frame.
Feel it is more dramatic and works better as comp with more space above.

Chris Korman
02-28-2011, 02:15 AM
Anita, I just used the clone tool in CS5 to remove the dag.

Thanks Chris and Dave for your comments. I played around with moving/cropping to get more of leaf into frame, but it put the middle drop pretty much right in the center of frame.
Feel it is more dramatic and works better as comp with more space above.

It may require a reshoot for my suggestion to make much sense as the POV might not be right in order to crop from your current source image. i.e. getting lower and closer to the flower to include more of the curve and lines.

Roman Kurywczak
02-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Hey Brendan,
Pane #5 works for me.....as more of the FG makes it too dominant IMO. Originally I though I wouldn't like the bright areas of the drops.....but as it is the flowers and sky.....it makes quite the interesting bold presentation. Very nicely seen and executed!

Ken Childs
03-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey Brendan, nicely spotted and flipping it was a great idea! The dark area below the center drop is a bit of a distraction but that's really a minor problem. Overall this looks good! :S3: