PDA

View Full Version : little lizard

Marcin Biskupek
02-25-2011, 12:36 PM
I've found this fella during my trip to Wroclaw ZOO, while all the people were watching animals in cages i did turn around and found him making his way through unnoticeable :") well at least he was trying ^^
Canon 20D with 70-300IS lens at 300mm, f/5.6 , 1/200 with IS. ISO 400. As i remember it's straight from camera. (just made jpg out of RAW)
Hope u like it ^^

http://djjfoto.u2.pl/galleries/Zwierzaki/IMG_2863.jpg

Jerry van Dijk
02-25-2011, 03:48 PM
Hi Marcin, welcome to the Macro forum at BPN! You have a good eye! I like how your image shows how well camouflaged the lizard is. I also like the combination of textures of the wood and the lizard.
There are a few points that may improve of this image. The focus point seems just behind the head (slightly to the left of the lizards ear). It would be better to have the point of focus around the eye. Furthermore, I'm a bit bothered by the part of the OOF FG that is a little too close to the head of the lizard, distracting from the subject.
Hope to see more of your macro images!

Marcin Biskupek
02-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Thank you for comment. Well unfortunately this is the only one photo i managed to make before little fella got away scare by running children. You are perfectly right that focus point is not on the right spot but i did not have second chance :"P
Please decode "OOF FG" for me because i'm not familiar with it yet. heh my bet would be out of focus foreground but it's just a guess...
But you're right i could take it little higher. :"))
cheers :")

Ken Childs
02-26-2011, 07:53 AM
Hi Marcin, welcome to BPN! I'm glad to have another macro photographer join the ranks! :S3:

I really like the pose and the angle of this Lacerta lizard! Jerry already mentioned the biggest concern with this image and that's the OOF (out of focus) area in the FG (foreground), especially the part below and to the right of the lizard's head. It's too bad the lizard was scared off before you got another chance because another angle might have produced a better result.

Please keep the macro shots coming!

Dave Leroy
02-26-2011, 09:32 AM
A very interesting little lizard. Good suggestions already given.

And you are right about the OOG FG.:S3:

I just had a qucik look around the site for a list of the abbreviations and could not find it. There is one though and it is quite intuitive.

Looking forward to more.

Dave

bhavya joshi
02-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Hey Marcin,

Welcome.. nice image. i tell you. Same as you, I also Like macro photography.. really.

And one more thing I wank to ask..Did you now which lizard Is it??
I just want to ask about my G.K... If you now...

Good luck.:bg3:

Marcin Biskupek
02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
It is Lacerta agilis probably, the most common lizard in Poland.

Jerry van Dijk
02-26-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi Marcin, sorry to bury you in all the abbreviations! But you already guessed what they meant. As Dave notes, there used to be a glossary (I think in a sticky on top) but I'm unable to locate it too. Maybe one of the mods knows where it went?
They are a scary little bunch, aren't they? I'm impressed that you were even able to get this shot so close, which even without the running children is quite a challenge. I've noticed that when you move very slowly, they don't seem to notice the changes in distance and you can actually get in quite close. But one false move and they're gone!

Ken Childs
02-26-2011, 03:03 PM
Here's a link to the acronym list. I'm not sure why the sticky disappeared from the top of this forum but I'm working on it. :S3:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/12681-Acronym-List?highlight=acronym

Marcin Biskupek
02-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Here's a link to the acronym list. I'm not sure why the sticky disappeared from the top of this forum but I'm working on it. :S3:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/12681-Acronym-List?highlight=acronym

hahaaa thats it :")) now i wont ask n00bish quistions :"))

Little fellas can be approached when lying on rocks under burning sand but they are very cautious and easy to scare. I can't wait the spring and opportunities to catch few .... grr i hate winter without snow :////
Thank you all for so warm welcome and replays :"))

Chris Korman
02-26-2011, 08:08 PM
I think this photo would have benefited from some lighting of some sort as the composition while good, the scene is kind of flat-low contrast.

Brendan Dozier
02-27-2011, 12:53 AM
Great looking lizard, Marcin. Agree with others regarding focus point. Also think a tighter crop would help zero in on the lizard's face more.

Roman Kurywczak
02-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Hey Marcin,
I've been traveling so a little late......but welcome to the forum! I think the balance here is a bit off as is the darkness.......could be that you just made a jpeg from the RAW file.....so a bit of post processing may be necessary. I find the larger expanse of area in the UR (upper right) a bit too dominant.......but overall I think it works OK as you have that much DOF falloff. Looking forward to more of your posts!