PDA

View Full Version : One More Anole

Dave Leroy
02-25-2011, 11:16 AM
The last one from this trip.

In hindsight I might have squeezed a bit more dof with a slight increase in ISO and decrease in SS but..

7D, 100mm macro, 1/125, f/5.6, ISO640, HH.
Photo is ff vertical cropped from horizontal. I cleaned up the eye and did a bit of blending in lower bg.

Dave

Jerry van Dijk
02-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Hi Dave, apart from what you already mentioned yourself (a little more DOF would have been nice) I think you did a very good job! Composition, colors and textures are very nice. I'm not sure whether I'm troubled by the two-toned BG or not. Lets hear what the others say.

Colin Driscoll
02-25-2011, 11:37 PM
All up really pleasing colors and I don't mind the bg, it's what you get in the wild! I think you might have got more dof by going maybe -2/3 ev and stopping down with the lizard being fairly bright against the dark bg.

Ken Childs
02-26-2011, 07:40 AM
Dave, the comp and HA look really good in this. You mentioned the need for more DOF and I agree...the eye is sharp and that's good but I'd like to see at least the entire head looking sharp. The light wasn't in your favor....it is pretty harsh and has made the top of the lizard's head look a bit hot. I might try lightening the eye just a bit to see how that looks. When I saw the thumbnail, I though the 2 tone BG would bother me but after looking at the full sized image, it really doesn't. :S3:

Brendan Dozier
02-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Great looking lizard, Dave. Real nice color and texture. Agree more dof would be nice, but really like the comp.

Roman Kurywczak
02-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey Dave,
I'm liking this one much more than the previous post! Like Ken......agree that the top looks a bit hot......but that is an easy tweak. I think the shallow DOF is good in this case......as more may have made the 2 tone BG works......as presented......I am fine with it. I also think you should explore lightening just the eye a touch as Ken suggested.....will make this really shine!