PDA

View Full Version : Greenfinch

OvidiuCavasdan
02-24-2011, 02:36 PM
40D, EF 70-200 F4IS
F8, 1/160sec, ISO 500, manual mode, cloudy, garden setup, tripod, blind.

Stuart Dennis
02-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Nice and sharp and a good HA (not that Im part of the HAP). I would change the crop to give the bird more room at the top and a bit less perch at the bottom (cutoff around the small twig to the left). Of course if its not a crop then I would add some canvas at the top

TFS

stu

Steve Zamek
02-24-2011, 06:40 PM
That's a beautiful shot of a sweet little bird. The bird's position really shows it off nicely. The sharp bird and soft background make a nice contrast. I feel, however, that the perch is a bit too dominant here. Given that this is a set-up, I would prefer a simpler, more delicate, perch for this bird.

Daniel Cadieux
02-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I love the comp and perch as is. Great BG too. I feel that a touch of fill would have done good things to the image, particularly the perch and lores. Good stuff!

Jonathan Ashton
02-25-2011, 12:43 PM
Super focus great exposure - lovely shot, is your background a piece of cloth? I have some camo material and provided it is a suitable distance away (i.e. well out of focus) from the subject it is superb - makes all the difference id the background is monotonous. I am also working on deliberately introducing some out of focus branches or twigs to make thinkgs look a little more natural.

OvidiuCavasdan
02-25-2011, 01:01 PM
Hey Jonathan, when I shoot in the garden I do use cloth as BG many times in winter. My garden is small, the lens is short and it is difficult to find a good BG this time of the year as the trees and shrubs have no leaves. I'm experimenting with a white cloth sprayed with water colors used for wall painting. Still a long way to a good result in mixing colors but I'm still experimenting. After using it a few times I wash it. The colors do not disapear completely but after washing the cloth has a slight color and ca be used again a few times.