PDA

View Full Version : The Sun Sets on the Hooptie Deaux

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2011, 02:30 PM
Taken last Tuesday when a bunch of moderators went out with James on the Hooptie Deaux. I finally got to meet Robert Amoruso in the morning session......only avian mods Randy and Daniel were left for the afternoon. The day before, I left my WA lens in the car......so used Nikon gear for the last landscapes......just didn't feel right:2eyes2:! I posted a similar one in F&F.......that the silhouette of Capt. James.......the water was deep and geting colder! I did not have my ballhead (it was a birding trip) so I upped the ISO to 800 and HH just above the water surface. Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens af f10 for 1/800 sec. (was shooting Daniel moments before with sponies flying by). Cropped to a pano as there were no clouds above those shown and a little bit off the water.
If you want spoonies.....going out with James is a must!.....although landscapes are far and few in between!

Chris Korman
02-24-2011, 05:35 PM
Hi Roman, There are indeed a lot beautiful colors in this scene, and the water's ripples are accented with some deep blue colors. I wondering about the timing of when the shot was taken, with the person bent over, perhaps if they were sitting down or doing something that one could see in profile it might be better. This photo might have benefited from more inclusion of the foreground water and ripples.

Andrew McLachlan
02-25-2011, 08:53 PM
Hi Roman, love the colors in the water, nicely captured and cropped too!

Dave Mills
02-26-2011, 04:26 PM
Roman, Beautiful light,silhouette and pano crop. Debating about taking a bit off the left....

Nick Palmieri
02-27-2011, 07:24 PM
Were you wading in the water for this one? Sweet light and great composition. .Can't wait to go out one of these years. I may not even get sick in that calm water.