PDA

View Full Version : Northern Parula with Redbud Blossoms

Matthew Studebaker
02-24-2011, 09:03 AM
Scioto County, OH | April 12 | Canon 40D | Canon 600mm f4 IS | | 1/640 f8 | ISO 200 | sound recording

So it looks like I can't have an icon because I can't use attachments because I let my BPN membership expire (how could I!? :S3:). Is that right?

Here's an older image that I reprocessed from the RAW file. Some advancements in photoshop, and maybe my post processing skills make it worth going through some older files now and then. This was from one of my Southern Ohio Warbler Workshops a couple years ago. Fill flash used to fill in show shadows.

attachment added (and membership renewed!)

Randy Stout
02-24-2011, 09:59 AM
Matthew:

I reworked your thread so that your thumbnail would come up.

It would not automatically do that even though you became a member again, because the original post was linked. Just host your images on BPN and the thumbnails should come up properly.

Your bird is sharp, colorful, nice HA, attractive BG colors to match the foreground buds.

Nice flash use.

Cheers

Randy

Matthew Studebaker
02-24-2011, 10:05 AM
Super nice of you. Thanks so much Randy.

Matthew:

I reworked your thread so that your thumbnail would come up.

It would not automatically do that even though you became a member again, because the original post was linked. Just host your images on BPN and the thumbnails should come up properly.

Your bird is sharp, colorful, nice HA, attractive BG colors to match the foreground buds.

Nice flash use.

Cheers

Randy

arash_hazeghi
02-24-2011, 12:55 PM
excellent details, sharpness and colors

Stu Bowie
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
Tack sharp Matthew, and I like the setting. Colourful little guy, and I like hint of purple in the BG to compliment the flowers of the perch.

Arsdel Fluesmeier
02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Very sharp, colorful and lots of detail.

OvidiuCavasdan
02-24-2011, 01:46 PM
Very nice bird, sharp and beautiful colors all around.

Bill Dix
02-24-2011, 02:21 PM
Beautiful bird and perch. Wonderful colors, details, pose and comp. No one else has mentioned it, so I'm probably all wet, but if I had been fortunate enough to have this beautiful image, I might have backed off just a tiny bit on the USM.

Steve Zamek
02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
I have to agree with Bill here. It's a very lovely image, but the bird appears to me to be a bit on the crunchy side.

Glenn Bartley
02-25-2011, 09:49 AM
So gorgeous Matthew! I have to get down there to Ohio with you one of these days...

Daniel Cadieux
02-25-2011, 09:56 AM
Wow, fantastic image Matthew! It's often worth revisiting older files to see how much more we can tweak out of them once new methods are incorporated into our workflows. The pose, setting, perch, colours...all came nicely together. Thanks for mentioning the audio in your techs, and thanks for the membership renewal:S3:.

Kaustubh Deshpande
02-25-2011, 10:34 AM
Matthew, the details just jump out in this one. beautiful bokeh as well. A terrific shot in every way.

subramanya_ck
02-26-2011, 06:49 AM
Superb Mathew Bhai.. just fantastic. Flowers are a big plus in this image