PDA

View Full Version : Leaves..

bhavya joshi
02-24-2011, 04:05 AM
As my earlier post of dry leaves.. their was some correction needs..
as per all comments, This time I try to re correct it. And I take some more new Photographs of leaves. For more practicing.. :S3:

In this I focus and highlight in single part. I took slightly diagonal angle and more tightly cropping.
As usual I used Canon A495
F/3.0 and
ISO/80
so. What All of you say about this image..??
Thanks.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/183692_196060997090631_100000601962672_658305_1909 745_n.jpg

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2011, 11:47 AM
Hey Joshi,
This one is much stronger but I do have one major issue with it that I think you will be able to correct! I really like your angle and the dof falloff is perfect as it really leads me through this. You picked an excellent focus point also. My only issue is the ULC and how bright it is as it draws my eye there. Patch, clone, darken that area any way you can.......similar to what you have in the URC......and those small tweaks will make this shine! This one has a great perspective!

Julie Kenward
02-24-2011, 01:17 PM
I agree with Roman, Joshi. Because that corner is so bright my eye goes to it and right out of the frame. If you want to leave the diagonal light in, darken the corner near the edge of the frame and then slowly introduce the brighter area midway between the frame corner and the leaf.

Chris Korman
02-24-2011, 05:19 PM
I think this image is more interesting than the prior submission as it is not homogeneously in focus. Nice textures and lighting. The thing I might tone down is the brightness of the ULH corner.

Dave Leroy
02-24-2011, 07:35 PM
I like it a lot.

Really well seen. good for you.

Two small changes I might make if mine. I would crop a bit tighter on bottom to lose a bit more of oof area, not much but a bit. I would also tone done the ULC as already suggested so it blends with the adjacent darl bg.

Photo has a very nice feeling.

Dave

Ken Childs
02-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Hi Joshi,
This shot is definitely a big step in the right direction! I like it a lot!

Some very good suggestions have been given......following their editing advice will help improve this already nice shot. :S3:

bhavya joshi
02-25-2011, 12:51 PM
Thank you.. all of you..
For helpful suggestion... I will try to edit my images as per comments..:bg3:..

Jerry van Dijk
02-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Hi Joshi, I like how you combined the selective focus and selective color in this one! I would remove the color from the ground around the leaf, to draw even more attention to the leaf itself. Nice!

Brendan Dozier
02-27-2011, 01:04 AM
Nice job getting the low angle and a tighter crop, Joshi! Some nice detail, and like the leading diagonal line created by the stem. Agree on Roman's suggestion of fixing ULC, and Jerry's suggestion about desaturating color from BG sounds like a good option too.