PDA

View Full Version : Forest Light Hillside

Chris Korman
02-24-2011, 03:04 AM
Forest Light Hillside

http://webs.lanset.com/hypoploi/jpeg/mwoods.jpg

50mm, ISO3200, f/16, 1/20. Curves Adjustment Layers, Slight Vibrance Boost, Negative Clarity, Slight Crop.

Dave Mills
02-24-2011, 11:28 AM
Hi Chris, I cropped the left and a bit off the top to IMO better balance the composition using the dominant tree on the left as an anchor point. These type of images are hard to pull off due to the lights highs and lows with the sun dappling the foliage. These shots are very often more effective on cloudy days with even lighting. I also toned down a few areas and cloned a few minor areas out...

Roman Kurywczak
02-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Hey Chris,
Actually......I like the OP better in this case! This has an almost storybook forest look to it with nice shadow play. Yeah.....a bit busy but the play of light and dark works for me and makes it even a bit more intriguing. Only recommendation from me is the blueish spot near the sun......seems just a bit odd/out of place so may just blend that one in. Rest works for me as presented. Very tough image to pull off but I think you succeeded!

Chris Korman
02-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for the dodge and burns.

I downloaded and compared the two, I see where you've made some changes. I'll see if I can make a version 2 with some of those ideas and compare them. I am not sure about the crop though.

Hi Roman,

Thank you for the counter commentary. Re the blue spot, its some lens flare and I'll see if I can mitigate it.