Judy Howle
02-23-2011, 12:21 AM
5D Mk II
ISO 200
f/8
1/200 sec

Hazel Grant
02-23-2011, 09:11 AM
like the curve of the road. I would crop just a bit off the bottom to make the road just a bit less dominate and the trees more dominate. Just a personal thing. Like the post though.

Robert Amoruso
02-23-2011, 09:22 AM
Judy,

A very pleasant scene. I like the fact your exposure captured detail in the clouds and blue sky, detail in the trees - especially the shadows, and the road is a good leading line. I like the crop at bottom but do not feel that cropping it more there would hurt and when I did a browser crop, I liked it. I would not crop more at the bottom then below the base of the trees on the right side.

On the top, and assuming you did not crop the original there, I would have like to see more separation between the long horizontal branch top left and the frame edge. If possible add it back in, if not your good to go as is. Nice work.

Dave Mills
02-23-2011, 09:59 AM
Hi Judy, agree with Robert's suggestion regarding a bit more room on top for more separation between the top and the horiz branch. I wouldn't crop any more off the bottom since it is minimized.
If this were mine I would clone in the snow opening on the lower rt side.

Roman Kurywczak
02-23-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey Judy,
Yet another recommendation from me.....although I believe all have merit so good options to have! For me personally......I would like to see this as a pano....cropped just above the top branch of the evergreen on the rh frame edge.......this to me makes me wander through the scene instead of going up to the sky. Just my take on it. I do agree with Dave on filling in the bare patch.......minor but it will make a difference IMO too. Overall, I think you handled this nicely and crop options are always good to have!

Kaushik Balakumar
02-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Liked the way the path leads into the frame. A simple & neat composition.
Image can take a bit more of sharpening IMHO.

Judy Howle
02-23-2011, 10:16 PM
Thanks to everyone for your comments and suggestions. I will work on it but it might be the weekend before I get to it.

Robert Amoruso
02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
I like Roman's pano crop recommendation - I did not even see that possibility. Dave's idea on the cloning good to.

Ed Cordes
02-24-2011, 10:32 PM
I also agree that the pano idea is great. you might also consider a semi pano with a crop from the top just below the large horizontal branch coming in from the left.

I like the road and the leading lines it presents. Exposure is super.

Judy Howle
02-26-2011, 11:11 AM
Sorry to be late posting but here is my cropped and cloned image. I liked Roman's crop idea and think it's more effective.

Judy Howle
02-26-2011, 11:13 AM
I also agree that the pano idea is great. you might also consider a semi pano with a crop from the top just below the large horizontal branch coming in from the left.

I like the road and the leading lines it presents. Exposure is super.

Thanks Ed, much appreciated!