PDA

View Full Version : Taking a Bow

Julie Kenward
02-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Here's a full version of the dutch iris from yesterday. This one was in a vase next to a large window. I used PS to change the BG to white and remove the shadows caused by the fill flash.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8
f4 @ 1/80th, ISO 400
Manual mode, handheld, fill flash & natural light

Brendan Dozier
02-21-2011, 09:21 PM
Very nice clean image with good color & detail, Jules. Like the vertical crop and white BG.
Reminds me a bit of the detailed flower illustrations that my mother had hanging around our house growing up. Well done!

Steve Maxson
02-22-2011, 03:08 PM
This one has a lot going for it, Jules! Very nice light, good sharpness and DOF, the white background works well here, and I like the thin black border. The comp is nice overall and the diagonal of the blossom is attractive. The bright yellow on the flower acts like a bull's-eye and sucks your eye right into the frame. Very well done. :cheers:

Jerry van Dijk
02-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Hi Jules, very pleasing composition and excellent execution. The light and details are stunning. I like your little trick with the frame and the flower actually crossing it. Just that little extra touch.

Roman Kurywczak
02-22-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey Jules,
Love the look and execution on this one! Works very nicely for me all around! :cheers:

Julie Kenward
02-22-2011, 08:40 PM
I got two men buying me beers with this one? Woo Hoo!!! I'll meet you both at the bar! :cheers:

Ken Childs
02-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Hey Jules, the third round is on me! :cheers:

This is what I was hoping to see when I heard you bought some of these to play with. Wonderful light, comp, colors....wonderful everything!

Julie Kenward
02-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Three cheers/beers for the dutch iris! Next week I should have the first round of daffodils up and then spring will be here and I can quit wasting money on grocery store flowers!!! :S3:

Dave Leroy
02-24-2011, 07:13 PM
Lovely photo Jules.

Lots of good ideas in this one.

Dave

Anita Bower
02-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Your money was not wasted on buying this flower. Gorgeous image. Love the simple composition, the graceful lines, the stark white BG. As someone commented, it looks a bit like a flower illustration. Just wonderful!!!!!!!!! (I would crop a bit off the top, but it is excellent as is.) I'm impressed by the cleanness of changing the BG--that is something I can't do in PS7.

Oscar Vazquez-Ortiz
02-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Here's a full version of the dutch iris from yesterday. This one was in a vase next to a large window. I used PS to change the BG to white and remove the shadows caused by the fill flash.

Canon 40D, EF 100mm f/2.8
f4 @ 1/80th, ISO 400
Manual mode, handheld, fill flash & natural light

A classic! Congrats Jules!