PDA

View Full Version : Snowy Owl

Pierre Nadeau
03-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Taken south of province of Québec Canada during the first half hour of sunrise and the temp. was minus 21C. minus 8F. A friend of mine was beside me with a mouse.........I was lying down on my chest in the snow:)

Canon EOS 40D---1/640---F/6.3---ISO 200
Canon EF500mm f/4L IS USM
Crop Over 80% remain.

Thank's for your comments;)

Gyorgy Szimuly
03-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Promise me to show me one single bird next year. It is amazing how many excellent shot has been posted in the last couple of weeks. I have never seen this species and among my wish-list.
Nice job.
Szimi

Manos Papadomanolakis
03-21-2008, 04:40 PM
I Iove the light,wing position and action,great work Pierre

Robert O'Toole
03-21-2008, 04:41 PM
Super light, super action and wing position, super overall.

Robert

Dave Phillips
03-21-2008, 04:58 PM
looks like morning light, looks like very cold, looks like a beautiful snow owl....looks like a beautiful image to me

Axel Hildebrandt
03-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Great light, details, angle and eye contact. It would have been great to see the underwings but I would take it any minute.

Harold Davis
03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
i wish you guys would stop posting the snowy pics!! i love these things and am jealous! that's a beauty, pierre. love everything about it.

Pierre Nadeau
03-21-2008, 06:48 PM
Harold said:

i wish you guys would stop posting the snowy pics!! i love these things and am jealous! that's a beauty, pierre. love everything about it.I have a few more to post and after I stop I promises:D:D;)
Thank's for your comments I really appreciate it.

Regard's
Pierre Nadeau

Fabs Forns
03-21-2008, 09:10 PM
A treat to the eyes, Pierre :) Thanks for sharing it :)

Yves Matteau
03-23-2008, 08:13 AM
Je serais très curieux de savoir où vous avez pris ces belles photos: j`aimerais bien essayer d`en faire de semblables. Est-ce un secret bien gardé??

Pierre Nadeau
03-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Yves Matteau Wrote:

Je serais très curieux de savoir où vous avez pris ces belles photos: j`aimerais bien essayer d`en faire de semblables. Est-ce un secret bien gardé??Mr. Matteau,
First, even if French is my mother tongue and I 'm much comfortable in French. I would appreciate that we discuss in English here in order to respect everyone. It is an international forum and language is English!

In order to make everyone understand your question Mr. Matteau here is the translation of you question:"I would be curious to know where you took those wonderful pictures.I would like to try do nice looking picture like this, is it a sercret?"

Thank you for you comment regarding this picture!
And regarding where I took the picture it is not a secret but I don't think it is the right place to make the promotion of photo location;)
And don't make mistake French is my mother tongue and I'm proud of it, but if we discuss in French, it looks like we try to hide something to others and I'm not comfortable with this!

Regard's
Pierre Nadeau