PDA

View Full Version : Broadwing Hawk (c)

Bob Malbon
01-04-2008, 07:24 AM
This Broadwing works in an ed. program here in Maine. She has wing damage that will not heal. This Ed./Rehab. program gets as many as 1500 critters back to the wild per year - from Eagles to Robins. - This frame was caught while the raptor was on a handlers arm posing for several photographers last Fall. We did have some control of the light angle and position. C/C please 30D, 500f4 on BushHawk, ME, AF iso320 - Bob

http://maine-wild.smugmug.com/photos/217974807-L.jpg

Lana Hays
01-04-2008, 07:34 AM
Bob
What a wonderful portrait of this handsome hawk. You had a great opportunity and certainly made the most of it. The BG is excellent, the pose, composition and details are as good as it gets. An excellent job.

Pete Woods
01-04-2008, 08:26 AM
This is a good Capture, though to me it seems a tad soft to the back of the eye/head..... May just be me as I am full of flu

Jim Neiger
01-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi Bob,

Nice portrait of this good looking hawk. I like the pose, bg, exposure, and comp. Well done. The problem with using the bush hawk on still subjects is that it makes it difficult to compose images in the camera. You may want to try hand holding the 500mm without the bh. It's so top heavy with the bh the balance can be very awkward. It would be helpful if you included the tech info and amount of crop in the future. Thanks.