Manual
ISO 800
Hand held

Chad Caswell
02-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Beautiful portrait, love the crop :w3

Morkel Erasmus
02-20-2011, 10:51 AM
love how the BG colours echo the fox's coat colours. nice portrait here!

Steve Kaluski
02-20-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi Noelle, I really like this one, as Morkel has mention, the BG is very complimentary and echoes the tones & colours of the fox very nicely. I think, as you know there are a few tweaks that might be worth a try to bring out more detail within the fox itself, be interested to see the results. Oh, thought also it could have a fraction more sharpening applied to the face only.

Not sure about your feeling on amending the image, but would suggest perhaps cloning out the 'green' in the top left so you have more of a uniform BG and your eye is only drawn to the image itself.

it will be interesting to see the future postings as a comparison between Urban & wild Foxes and their habitat.

TFS
Steve :cheers::cheers:

Todd Frost
02-20-2011, 01:48 PM
Beautiful portrait Noelle. Nice crop and lovely bg. Good ideas given by Steve. Well done.
TFS
Todd

Hilary Hann
02-20-2011, 05:23 PM
Beautiful portrait, love the soft background. I do think the eye could take a bit more sharpening. If Steve has given you some ideas on bringing out more details, I would suggest trying them as it makes a useful comparison. Would love to see the results. You have some very nice fox images.

Robert Amoruso
02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Noelle,

I to like the BG here and it is pattern such that I normally wouldn't but here it works as it matches the foxes coloration well. I also like the composition with the chest and head only.

I would suggest sharpening the eye more.

noelle zaleski
02-20-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks all for the wonderful cc and suggestions

I played around with Steve's suggestions that he made via PM and instead of doing a default of 50% on shadow and highlight I took it down to 25%

I also cloned out the darker green area in the corner of the image and dodged and sharpened around the eye.

I am happy with the results

Charles Glatzer
02-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Beautiful portrait. I like the intent posture with ears focused in the same direction. The green adds to the natural look of the image.

Chas

Ken Watkins
02-20-2011, 10:00 PM
The repost is better, but I a mnot really seeing a lot of difference in the fox, great clone work on the BG

I am surprised that you used S/H at all, let alone at such high levels. Too my eyes it results in unnatural colours, although not in all cases.

Think about getting a copy of Arties Digital Basics from the BPN shop for more info on this tool and very much more besides, that said there are many ways to skin a cat:bg3:

On the rare occasions I use S/H I never go much above 15.

Marc Mol
02-21-2011, 04:49 AM
As others have said, a fine portrait with nice complimentary BG. With the repost an improvement.
TFS

noelle zaleski
02-21-2011, 05:52 AM
The repost is better, but I a mnot really seeing a lot of difference in the fox, great clone work on the BG

I am surprised that you used S/H at all, let alone at such high levels. Too my eyes it results in unnatural colours, although not in all cases.

Think about getting a copy of Arties Digital Basics from the BPN shop for more info on this tool and very much more besides, that said there are many ways to skin a cat:bg3:

On the rare occasions I use S/H I never go much above 15.

Thanks Ken, I agree, not much difference. I played around with the suggestions from others just to see the results. I am not familiar with S/H. I also rarely spend any additional time in PS on my images than needed. Most of the time it would be cloning out unwanted objects and a little brightening of the eyes if needed.

I always appreciate the suggestions and I am willing to try new things, you never know what you will learn.

Yes, there are many ways to skin a cat :bg3:

Noelle

Vivaldo Damilano
02-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Hi Noelle, lovely portrait, I also prefer the second image. These foxes make great subjects, love their colours TFS:cheers: