PDA

View Full Version : Sanibel Causeway Osprey

Richard Pittam
02-18-2011, 05:31 PM
88783Overhead from just below the bridge on Sanibel, this bird was cruising up and down the beach with fish [Sea Trout?].

600mm f4 IS on 1D Mk3 - ISO400, f7.1, 1/1600sec, 90% crop, +0.3 ev, on wimberley c/w Gitzo tripod, distance to subject 31.30 metres. Background NR and subject masked/sharpened. Small adjust in contrast.

This shot after 1st pass was missed as had the 1.4x tele attached - too big in frame - lucky me.

Randy Stout
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Richard:

The Sea Trout have been really getting hammered by the Osprey recently, as this is the third such image posted in the last week (one on Arties blog)

Nice angle in frame, great prey item, good underwing detail,sharp.

I wish the light angle had been more over your shoulder to give more illumination to the face and front of bird. You might be able to do some subtle dodging or shadows work to bring up those areas a bit.

Cheers

Randy

Joerg Rockenberger
02-18-2011, 09:01 PM
Man, what a capture. Great head angle on the fish. :) Looks almost as if it is begging you for help. Agree with Randy re the light angle but I guess you couldn't do anything about it. JR

Todd Frost
02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
Great pose from both the osprey and fish. Nice sharpness, agree on trying a bit of dodging for the underwing and face. Well done.
TFS
Todd

John Guastella
02-18-2011, 10:30 PM
Excellent sharpness and perspective, spread wings are quite dramatic and the clear view of the fish's eye is a major plus. As already suggested, bringing up the shadows might improve the image (try the H&S adjustment - it works wonders with some of my images).

John

Richard Pittam
02-19-2011, 08:29 AM
I've just lifted the shadow from the underwing slightly. couldn't do much about the sun angle - it was a case of take it or leave it. Thanks for all the comments - appreciated.

Bhushan Dalvi
02-19-2011, 08:50 PM
Richard, awesome capture. I like the repost. TFS.