PDA

View Full Version : Last Light Spoonbill

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2011, 12:57 PM
This was from the afternoon of the mod GTG on the Hooptie Deaux with James. Finally got to meet Robert Amoruso on the morning trip and only Randy and Daniel were left to keep an eye on James in the afternoon!

A few days earlier I got to meet Daniel and Randy along with Indranil Sicar (OOTB mod) for the first time......and revisit with Denise Ippolito and Artie....who were also out with us on the morning trip. A great time for sure as we headed out to "The Ride of the Valkyries" (my suggestion).

While portraits are nice.....I'm a junkie for the flight action. I loved the way they look against the dark BG.....where we had a very narrow window to ge them in.......even more fun!

A day out with James is a must do if you are serious about the Spoonbills!

Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 300-800mm @ 356mm for 1/2000 sec. at f6.3 and ISO 800 all tripod mounted.....wimberly head....in water with shorts.....getting a bit cold (thanks James!:eek:) Slight crop r and bottom.

Bill Dix
02-18-2011, 01:46 PM
Super image. Wonderful light, great detail, perfect wing position and eye contact. Congrats.

Stu Bowie
02-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Hey Roman, perfect light cast on the head and eye, and what a great flying posture. Some may find the dappled light in the BG distracting, but Im ok with it. Well captured.

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 02:14 PM
Hello Roman

A beautiful image. I just love the colours, the light, the sharpness of the bird and the position in flight.

with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss

Randy Stout
02-18-2011, 02:55 PM
Oh Seismic one:

I like it, good job capturing it in that tiny slice of uniform dark background you had to work with.
Sharp, well exposed, nice pose and angle in frame.

Good reason to be shooting in manual as they flew across the varied background.

Cheers

Randy

Bill Holsten
02-18-2011, 03:32 PM
Lovely image with wonderful soft light. I think the dappled background adds interest, as it is sufficiently out of focus. Well done.

Bill

Richard Pittam
02-18-2011, 05:35 PM
Great shot considering the difficulty of the dark background.

Todd Frost
02-18-2011, 08:57 PM
Sweet light Roman. Nice wing position and love the bg. Good and sharp, as mentioned shooting in manual mode (after getting proper exposure) takes the bg out of the equation exposure wise. Well done.
TFS
Todd

Joerg Rockenberger
02-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Great capture, especially exposure and sharpness. I find it a bit tight but I've heard you're known for that...:cheers:

JR

Michael Lotito
02-18-2011, 09:41 PM
Wonderfully good spoonbill shot Roman!

Pieter de Waal
02-18-2011, 10:22 PM
Nice angle of approach with good light and gorgeous colours against the dark BG. Nice image allround.

denise ippolito
02-20-2011, 11:01 AM
Nice image Roman, The Spoonbill stands out well from the BG and I like the light.:S3: It was nice to see everyone together.