PDA

View Full Version : Blue Tit

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 06:47 AM
A blue tit in my garden on a cloudy day. Is the bird too much in the middle of the image.
Nikon D300
lens Nikon 200-400 f.4
1/620
f.4
Iso 250
at 300 mm

with kind regards
Patricia Nordforss

http://i393.photobucket.com/albums/pp20/adine2009/ny229.jpg

Randy Stout
02-18-2011, 08:04 AM
Patricia:

Beautiful bird, sharp, well exposed, nice pose.
I would prefer him a bit more to the left in the frame, but that would result in cutting off the ends of the perch, so it is a bit of a toss up for me

I would consider a slight crop down from the top.

Very well captured.

Cheers

Randy

Stu Bowie
02-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Patricia, moving the bird to the left will work, which in turn will remove the gap at the end of the perch. I do like the detail and colours, together with the pose.

Pieter de Waal
02-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Lovely detail and pose Patricia, love the subtle light and colour rendition. Agree with the crop suggestions.

Roman Kurywczak
02-18-2011, 12:29 PM
Hey Patricia,
Excellent suggestions above to consider.....colors on the bird are fantastic and sharp where it needs it. If you are OK with such things....removing the entire twig on the left is also an option......but the OP works for me as presented also. Nicely done!

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 01:51 PM
Patricia:

Beautiful bird, sharp, well exposed, nice pose.
I would prefer him a bit more to the left in the frame, but that would result in cutting off the ends of the perch, so it is a bit of a toss up for me

I would consider a slight crop down from the top.

Very well captured.

Cheers

Randy

Hello Randy

Thank you so much for showing an interest in my image. I have more or less the same thought about the picture as you do when it comes to the position of the bird.

with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 01:53 PM
Patricia, moving the bird to the left will work, which in turn will remove the gap at the end of the perch. I do like the detail and colours, together with the pose.

Hello

I shall try and move the bird to the left and see what it looks like. Thanks for helping me.

with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 01:54 PM
Lovely detail and pose Patricia, love the subtle light and colour rendition. Agree with the crop suggestions.

Hello

Thank you so much for your nice comments of my image.

with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss

Patricia Nordforss
02-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Hey Patricia,
Excellent suggestions above to consider.....colors on the bird are fantastic and sharp where it needs it. If you are OK with such things....removing the entire twig on the left is also an option......but the OP works for me as presented also. Nicely done!

Hello Roman

Thank you so much for your suggestions in making the image better and for your nice words about the image.

with kind regards

Patricia Nordforss