PDA

View Full Version : Singer( Luscinia svecica)

Vladimir Yezhov
02-17-2011, 12:45 AM
I like this bird and your songs.
D300, 300 afs f4, f6.3, 1/100, iso 400, tripod, 100% full frame, distance 2м, CNX 2.x, a bit sharp.

Regards,
Vladimir

http://lakeman.users.photofile.ru/photo/lakeman/115213890/142137304.jpg

Chris Korman
02-17-2011, 01:52 AM
Great timing on the capture. I really like the eye level shot here, it is an improvement in style over the one you had posted a week or so ago. The color palette of the BG is very nice. Centering the bird, I am not sure about, perhaps others will comment more definitively.

Tom Rambaut
02-17-2011, 04:31 AM
This a new species for me - very nice and well timed shot. lovely colouration in the throat and upper chest.

Sweet background also.

Paul Guris
02-17-2011, 12:21 PM
Stunning. Other than perhaps toning down some bright areas in the background, this is just great.

James Alexander
02-18-2011, 06:44 AM
Vladimir-
Perfect timing, beautiful colors. Agree with Paul--on my monitor the BG appears a little bright in places.Alex

Eric Patdu
02-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Great details and nice pose of this lovely bird.

pat lillich
02-18-2011, 10:20 AM
Vladimir - beautiful detail and that open mouth is wonderful. The detail on the feet is incredible. wish the background was a little muted so it didn't pull your eyes away from the wonderful bird.

Julie Kenward
02-19-2011, 10:29 AM
Vlad, you have a beautiful image here! The bird looks like a cross between our sparrows and our hummingbirds...what a treat to see this! I think if you work at it you could blend & smooth the BG out just a bit more and then pull down on the brightness or add a vignette to soften it and lead the eye to the bird. I also added canvas to the left side and cloned some of the BG into that end so I could reposition the bird more to the right side of the frame (since he is looking to the left) and that creates room for him to "look into."

This is a quick mockup - excuse the sloppiness but I'm in a hurry to get outside this morning.

Gerald Kelberg
02-21-2011, 04:10 AM
Beautiful Bluethroat! Striking pose.

Background as originally posted reflects the open woodland where you might be lucky enough to find one - so I would resist the temptation to try and even it out. Possibly reduce the brightness slightly, but only a touch.

Slight crop from the right and below as Julie has done takes the bird nicely out of the center - but I don't feel the need to add extra canvas on the left as seems to have been done.

Vladimir Yezhov
02-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Chris, Tom, Paul, Alex, Eric, Pat, Julie, Gerald,
thank you very much for your attention to my work.
Julie,
your case is very interesting, but i agree with Gerald - i seem, i don't feel need to add exra canvas on the left. Next time i will take into your recomendations.
Your opinion is very significant for me.

Regards,
Vladimir.