PDA

View Full Version : It's not just Spoonies........

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2011, 10:36 PM
I got to spend a few great days with Cpt. James this week and got to meet and photograph with a few mods (Artie, Avian mods Daniel and Randy, and also OOTB mods Denise and Indranil!) I even finaaly got to meet Robert Amoruso from the landscape and wildlife forums! What a blast!!! Since there are a few Spoonie images being posted:bg3:....just wanted to let you know that we photographed other stuff too.....although spoonbills were the primary target! I'm a sucker for osprey.....so when this one pulled out a trout right in front of us.....unloaded on the catch to flyout! 2 Sigmonsters in the water at the time (mine and James).....could be illegal in a few states!
BTW....contrary to popular belief....Florida was freezing (frost) this week!.....I still had shorts on in the water.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigmonster @ 356mm for 1/2500 sec. at f7.1 and ISO 640 tripod mounted standing in water.
It is warming up.....but tired and leaving tomorrow .......looking forward to my return in a few weeks!

Ofer Levy
02-16-2011, 11:01 PM
The position and open mouth of the fish make this shot for me!!

arash_hazeghi
02-17-2011, 12:33 AM
excellent! I am loving the fish more than the osprey :D

Duane Noblick
02-17-2011, 05:37 AM
That Speckled Trout didn't stand a chance. Love the open mouth of the fish along with the wing position of the Osprey.

Indranil Sircar
02-17-2011, 09:35 AM
That is one heck of a fish! Excellent wing position and details. Love the sweet light... it was great meeting you finally.

Pieter de Waal
02-17-2011, 12:53 PM
Wow what a catch its as if the Osprey is showing off a trophy. Well captured Roman, good eye contact from both and realy nice flight pose.

Stu Bowie
02-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Hey Roman, looks like the fish is screaming at the Osprey:w3 Good wing position, and I like how the osprey has got hold of the fish - full body length. Well captured.

Nico Steenberg
02-17-2011, 04:09 PM
What a great sighting. Like the comp and colours. Well exposed against the sky and sharp. Super IMG !!

Randy Stout
02-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Roman:

Great timing, the fish pose is great, good techs.

Snug Roman crop as expected.

Enjoyed shooting with you.

Cheers

Randy

Todd Frost
02-18-2011, 12:51 AM
Nice poses and comp Roman. Good techs and sharpness. Well done.
TFS
Todd