PDA

View Full Version : Ireland coast

Hazel Grant
02-15-2011, 06:53 PM
this is a pano I did on the Dingle coast of Ireland. Because it is a pano, I had to crop some to get even edges and did just slight sats. Bright day, so iso100.

Chris Korman
02-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Hazel,

I think the shot has some dramatic elements in it. With the nice rolling clouds, the lone house, and the waves and deep blue seaside. I think if I were to change/add something, it would be the inclusion of a another panel of photos that includes more of the immediate foreground. This would be a killer image if the sun were low and raking upon the image from the left hand side, e.g. morning or afternoon depending on the coast's orientation with respect to the sun.

Dave Mills
02-16-2011, 10:08 AM
Hi Hazel, Pleasing scene! Chris brought up some good points regarding time of day(dramatic light) along with more of a foreground. Another option would be to crop from the right to the right of the faded rear mountain.

Hazel Grant
02-16-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks. Appreciate the comments. couldn't do anything about the time of day--out of my control, but I did try the crop and think it does put an emphasis on the sea, etc. more clearly. Thanks.

Chris Korman
02-16-2011, 08:53 PM
Thanks. Appreciate the comments. couldn't do anything about the time of day--out of my control, but I did try the crop and think it does put an emphasis on the sea, etc. more clearly. Thanks.

Hi Hazel, it was not so much about this actual image, but more a suggestion of revisiting the place at a different time of day.

Roman Kurywczak
02-16-2011, 09:42 PM
Hey Hazel,
time of day already covered....but you have a serious level issue. before you implement the crop.....go back to teh original and level the water horizon.....if you scroll with the browser.....you will see that it is off.....so rotate ite and then crop as per the above recommendation. I can't help but stress how important time of day is.

Robert Amoruso
02-17-2011, 10:13 AM
Level issue covered. I agree that more foreground would have been good here as it would draw the eye from the FG to the BG. Now with the compressed height I find my eye bouncing left and right in the scene.

Morkel Erasmus
02-20-2011, 12:31 PM
very tranquil scene - I agree on it needing just a tad more foreground...