Canon 70-200 mm at 70mm
ISO 400
1/800
f/2.8
HH

all c/c welcome

Chris Korman
02-12-2011, 09:54 PM
The sky does indeed have a great amount going on and is very colorful and dynamic. The immediate foreground I don't think is as dramatic.

Kaushik Balakumar
02-13-2011, 04:18 AM
Absolutely amazing sky. Mood of the impending storm is well captured/portrayed. Might try some abstracts of the sky/clouds alone, for the silhouette in the bottom is not aiding the image much.

Roman Kurywczak
02-13-2011, 03:35 PM
Hey Gary,
Whie not the most amazing FG......I think you balanced the image well by where you placed the tree and bush and kept it to a minimum! I do wonder if you can revisit the UR dark area.....and bring out as much depth as you can in the dark greys.....that will take this up a notch further! Overall, I like the flow of color and the comp.....and while maybe not the grandest vista.......I think you did it justice and it works overall! Nicely done!

Hilary Hann
02-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Very rich sky, and whilst I agree that the foreground isn't exciting I think you have anchored the sky with it in a suitable manner without giving it too much prominence. I do agree with Roman that a little more detail drawn out of the dark sky (if possible) would enhance the image.

Dave Mills
02-13-2011, 07:41 PM
Hi Gary, agree with comments above. Very dramatic sky and a situation I find myself in at various times. A great sky but I'm not at a place I can put it with an equally interesting foreground.
Overall with what you were looking at you handled the scene well...

Robert Amoruso
02-13-2011, 08:56 PM
Gary,

Even though you got the FG limited well, I feel it does not work here and going with the clouds only would have been best. Crop tool looks good to me to isolate that sky. :S3:

Gary Hamilton
02-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanks for all of your suggestions. I played around with a few ideas but was not happy with the results. This was a quick moving storm front with all black clouds above and little time to frame it any other way and still get the bright colors.

Judy Howle
02-23-2011, 12:12 AM
The sky is amazing. I think you did the best you could with the foreground so I like it as presented.