PDA

View Full Version : BG Is The Sky

kostas nianiopoulos
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/5880/bgisthesky.jpg

In some places , looks is a little bit of out of focus , maybe i should go with a f16 or something , let me know about this .
The BG i natural and it comes from the blue sky , last days there is a lot of sun here , and lot of blue sky .

canon 50d
f8
1/250 (ex 430 II+dissuser on)
iso 200
EF USM IS 100MM L.

Thanks for watching .

Steve Maxson
02-11-2011, 10:56 AM
Hi Kostas. I like the colors and textures of the leaf and the slight diagonal of the comp. The blue sky background works well. I agree that more DOF using f/16 or f/22 would be an improvement - and that shouldn't cause any problems with adding detail to this background. I would suggest cloning the little white spot on the left side of the leaf and the small green area at the bottom of the frame. :S3:

Jerry van Dijk
02-11-2011, 04:32 PM
Hi Kostas, I like the combination of colors and the leaf has a lot of interesting details and textures. I do not mind the shallow DOF, only that the point of the leaf is not in focus.

Dave Leroy
02-11-2011, 08:35 PM
I like the nice curve of the leaf. It curves in depth as well as in plan.

I agree a bit more dof would have been very nice to get tip and the top edge in focus.

Nice colour combination.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
02-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Hey Kostas,
I too would have preferred the tip in focus. Good thought on using the sky as a BG as it works with the colors nicely. Doing the clean up Steve suggested will also help take this up a notch.

Chris Korman
02-15-2011, 01:55 AM
I like the composition and the assemblage of colors. You could always focus stack instead of reducing the aperture and losing detail due to diffraction.