PDA

View Full Version : FROG..

bhavya joshi
02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
With canon A495
ISO-125
F/4.5

Well, i have try different angle this time.
can you tell me which angle is good in macro photography.

http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/169017_193040267392704_100000601962672_637869_3860 54_n.jpg

Norm Dulak
02-10-2011, 12:03 PM
Hi Bhavya.

I'm pleased to see your frequent postings in this forum, but I have a couple of comments, both concerning posting in general, and this image in particular.

I notice that the number of your posts barely exceeds the number of your threads. That is not good for a number of reasons, the most important of which is that BPN members seeking critiques should also offer their views on the postings of others. BPN has a general rule that individuals posting images should try to critique five postings of others for each of their postings. Your impressions of others' images are important, even if you are not yet an experienced photographer.

Tell us what you like, and don't like, about the images of others.

As for your specific image, I like the angle of your frog. But there are some improvements you might make if you have the capability to do so.

There are a number of white spots that could be eliminated by cloning using software such as Photoshop. Furthermore, it might be possible to brighten the background elements a bit with corrective software. If you can do that, it might be worth a try.

Norm

Roman Kurywczak
02-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Hey Bhavya,
Norm made some excellent points that you learn a lot when you critique also! Here is an interesting thread on that: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/72638-But-wait-I-don-t-feel-qualified-to-critique-pictures!!

As for the composition.....this is more of a portrait.....so cropping some of the top and proportionally right will focus our attention of the face a bit more and eliminating the flash highlights will also help. I do think that if the camera allows.....pushing the ISO to 400 shoould help get the BG a bit more light and depth and minimize the flash. Just some things for you to consider when out in the field next tiem out.

bhavya joshi
02-10-2011, 01:38 PM
Thank you for your reply,

As per you say See other posting and comment it.
but sir I started Photography about past 1 and half year only, and i don't have much experience.
If i suggest something wrong then member can be unsatisfied or loss their confidence
and in next image mistakes also happened. You only see, how I am doing mistake in my images. so sir what you say about this, till can i critique to other posting.:e3

Sorry for any mistakes.
Thank you.

Ken Childs
02-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Bhavya,

Most of the people that post critiques here are not photography experts. Their critiques are their opinions about what they like about a photo or maybe what they think could have been done to get a better result.

Please do not feel that you are not qualified to give critiques. All we ask is that you give honest opinions and that you say what you like instead of just saying something like, "that is a great shot". If you think a shot is a great shot, please say why you think it is a great shot.

I promise you that doing critiques is one of the best ways to learn how to become a better photographer. :S3:

Steve Maxson
02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Bhavya. You have a nice image of the frog to work with here and the viewing angle looks fine to me. A few tweaks will make the image even stronger. As noted by Norm and Roman, you could carefully clone the flash-generated specular highlights (the small white spots) on the frog's face and on the leaves. I also like Roman's suggestion about a tighter crop - taking some room off the top and right - to improve the composition and further emphasize the frog. :S3: Keep them coming.

Jerry van Dijk
02-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Hi Bhavya, I agree with the suggestions for cropping. Cropping to just below the white line in the BG in the UR corner would give a very appealing image.

Dave Leroy
02-11-2011, 08:44 PM
Very nice photo.

Focus looks spot on.

I like the cropping suggestions.

One way to start making comments is yo just say what you like.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Dave

Chris Korman
02-15-2011, 02:32 AM
I wonder if a piece of gauze over the flash would assist in "soft boxing it" even though this is a P&S, which I also own.