PDA

View Full Version : Lily Pads

Mike Moats
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
Shot this at my good friend, and photographrer Jack Graham's house in his backyard pond. Had some great clearing evening light after some rain. Fuji S5 Pro, Sigma 180, Tripod, F/32

Robert O'Toole
03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Super image, I really like the blue spaces between the lillies and the surface details on the pad is really great.

Is this image similar to another you have posted in the past? It seems like its from a series?

Robert

Jared Gricoskie
03-20-2008, 06:42 PM
Mike, your images have great lighting, this one is no different and with those great colors stands above some of you other shots.

Mike Moats
03-20-2008, 07:08 PM
Hey Robert, I have a few shots from this day, Not sure which one I posted earlier.

Steve Maxson
03-20-2008, 08:49 PM
Outstanding detail on the pads combined with a very interesting softness in the water. Color and composition also excellent.

Alfred Forns
03-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Love this images Love the composition and careful spacing between the leaves !!!! Super Max Mood !!! Big Congrats !!!

John Cooper
03-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Hi Mike - this one really grabbed my attention!!
Love you thoughtful composition here (as usual). Is there some water movement around the pads - has an ethereal effect!!
Must go out and check my fish-pond with similar lily pads ;)

Mary Stamper
03-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Nice Mike. Just abstract enough that if you didn't tell me what it was, I wouldn't have been quite sure. I like that. The light and colors work perfectly to create those great lines.

Mike Moats
03-21-2008, 05:10 AM
Hey John, no water movement, but there was some film on the water that created those faint lines. As usual the best images always have great lighting and it was just luck on the timing to get this look.

Roman Kurywczak
03-22-2008, 10:37 AM
Hey Mike,
didn't get a chance to comment on this one yesterday...........Just WOW!.......originally I was going to ask how you got such clean lillypads.......but then I re-read about the rainstorm. For me it's all ablout the water here as it makes such an incredible form.
One of my favorites from you (and I have a lot of them),
Roman

Kaushik Balakumar
03-23-2008, 03:19 PM
beautifully composed. liked the fact that there's enough DOF to keep all the pads in focus.