PDA

View Full Version : DLFC Inspiration

Roman Kurywczak
02-08-2011, 12:11 PM
This is from a while back but I wanted to post this to give you some ideas for the DLFC! Just like ken using a candle for his post......any light source qualifies just make the lighting very vivid and dramatic! This hapeens to be my wifes favorite too!

This was done indoors on my dining room table. This Gerbera Daisy was in a pot and I rotated it until I got the angle I wanted. I positioned a flashlight behind the flower to mimic sunlight. A gold reflector and stainless steel pot lid were used to bounce a bit of light back into the flower as well as the twin ligh flash.....in manual at 1/64 power all hand held at f32 for 1/100 sec and ISO 800 using the Canon 1D Mark lll and the Sigma 180mm macro. Full frame. Saved at 64 quality to fit.

Anita Bower
02-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Great example of unusual and stunning lighting! I like how the flower fills the frame and the radiating lines of the petals.

Steve Maxson
02-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Way to go, Roman! The creative lighting makes this image really stand out. The comp, detail, and mix of colors are very well done. :cheers:

Norm Dulak
02-09-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi Roman.

This is a fine DLFC contribution, with the stem and blossom artfully positioned, and the blossom glowing beautifully.

My only suggestion would be to possibly brighten the green receptacle just a tad; it seems a bit too dark to me, especially at the top.
But this on balance is very nice. :cheers:

Norm

Jerry van Dijk
02-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Hi Roman, this is a very appealing composition with the light lines between the petals leading to the stem, which is placed at the ROT hotspot. The special lighting just forces my eyes to go there everytime!
I second Norm's suggestion of brightening the green part a bit (or when you repeat this shot someday, try to get more light reflected on it).

Jonathan Ashton
02-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Knockout, love the colours and composition.

Dave Leroy
02-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Very nice. I really like the "explosion of colour and flower.

An innovative way of dramatic lighting!

Dave

Thomas Herou
02-15-2011, 07:17 AM
I like this a lot!
The composition and colors are great!