PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Buzz

kostas nianiopoulos
02-08-2011, 06:02 AM
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/1401/mg3447.jpg

canon 50d
f13
1/160 (maybe with the pop flash im not sure )
iso 200
EF USM IS 100MM L.

Thanks for watching

Roman Kurywczak
02-08-2011, 09:37 AM
Hey Kostas,
The BG is OK, but you may want to smooth out and tone down some of the elements there. The bee looks pretty sharp although you may try another round of USM. I would probably like a crop off the left as presented and then also perhaps off the right but I want you to try something......rotate this 90 degrees CCW and then take the bit off the bottom. For some reason, this makes the composition stronger for me but let's see what others think.

Steve Maxson
02-09-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi Kostas. Nice job of getting the bee and most of the flower within your DOF. The bee seems sharp to me, but you might try a little more sharpening, as Roman suggests, to see if that is an improvement. I agree about toning down the brighter parts of the background as they tend to draw my eye away from your subject. I think the image would be even stronger if the flower hadn't been in mixed light - some of the whites on the left of the flower are, if not blown, are close to it. I would suggest removing the little dark line (a bit of debris) on the petal behind the bee. Roman's idea about rotating the image sounds interesting though I might suggest a smaller CCW rotation, if you have the room in the frame, such that the bee's body ends up in a diagonal orientation. A few tweaks will definitely take this image up a notch or two. :S3:

kostas nianiopoulos
02-10-2011, 05:31 AM
Thank u Roman and Steve :)