PDA

View Full Version : DLFC Bouquet

Norm Dulak
02-07-2011, 08:13 AM
Nikon D300 w/Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 lens set to 13mm, tripod mounted
1/60 sec @ f/22
ISO Equiv. 200; MM + 1; R1 twin strobes, with D300 Commander control
Dark brown fabric background rendered black by strobe settings

PP w/PS CS5: levels and curves, and modest SH to preserve detail throughout the tonal range

I thought this floral arrangement might be appropriate for Valentine's Day.

The ultra-wide lens used posed a minor problem -- capture of my big feet! To avoid that problem, I triggered the camera with the self timer and stepped back during exposure. Even so, part of one of the tripod legs had to be cloned out.

Your comments please!

Norm

Roman Kurywczak
02-07-2011, 10:26 AM
Hey Norm,
Great idea as these arrangements are available in many places at any time of the year! I really like the black BG and how it sets off the boquet! Might pull down the brightness a touch......but other than that.....very nice idea and very well executed!

Steve Maxson
02-07-2011, 11:10 AM
Hi Norm. I hope you were intending this to be part of the DLFC Challenge! I agree with Roman's comments above - this is very nicely done. :cheers:

Norm Dulak
02-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks Roman and Steve for your comments!

When considering this posting I wasn't sure it would qualify for the DLFC Challenge. After all, I didn't use a unique light source like Ken's candles. Still, adjusting my strobes to produce the effect I wanted took some effort.

Roman, if you think the lighting circumstances warrant entry of my bouquet into the DLFC Challenge, would you please do so? :w3

Norm

Ken Childs
02-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Well done, Norm! Roman already mentioned the brightness which would have been the only thing might have mentioned.

This definitely fits the challenge!

Roman Kurywczak
02-08-2011, 09:26 AM
I've added the DLFC to the title because it certainly fits! Doesn't have to be an ususual light source!!!......just dramatic and this sure fits!

Norm Dulak
02-08-2011, 03:45 PM
I've added the DLFC to the title because it certainly fits! Doesn't have to be an ususual light source!!!......just dramatic and this sure fits!

Great Roman! And thanks! :cheers:

Anita Bower
02-09-2011, 05:42 AM
Wonderful idea well executed. I like the position of the bouquet, how it stands out against the bg, and the beautiful colors.

Julie Kenward
02-20-2011, 07:23 PM
Beautiful bouquet, Norm. I also think toning down the whites just a tiny bit would help but wow - awesome lighting and what an ethereal "floating" creation you have here.

Norm Dulak
02-21-2011, 07:02 AM
Thanks everyone!

I agree with you concerning the brightness of the op. So I've tried to tone it down a bit in this repost. Hopefully, this will be more appealing to everyone. :S3:

Norm

Brendan Dozier
03-03-2011, 07:43 PM
Congratulations Norm! :cheers:

Grady Weed
03-04-2011, 07:09 PM
Congratulations Norm.