PDA

View Full Version : Teal Taking Off

WIlliam Maroldo
02-06-2011, 01:02 AM
Sony A850~Sony 70-400G@400mm~ISO 1000~1/1600sec~F5.6~manual exposure~overcast~HH~ 1-31-2011~Brazos Bend State Park, Texas~CS5/Redfield Fractalius
Back to frax. Male Blue Winged Teal. Comments and critique welcomed. regards~Bill

my website (http://avianimagesource.com)

Paul Lagasi
02-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Hi Bill ... another interesting Bill Maroldo image, nice capture of the moment, golden rays on the water nice work.

I will be in Concan at Neal's Lodge on April 15-17, trying to get a Golden-cheeked Warbler image....check out the Pop-up link..I found a way to stop it but not get rid of it.....

denise ippolito
02-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Bil, I love the pose and I'm on the fence about the grain. Maybe a little less? Let's see what others say. :S3:

Kerry Perkins
02-06-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Bill, love your subtle fract work as always. Personally I find the grain distracting, but some like it so just a matter of taste. I do think the image is a bit busy in the lower third, especially that one stick under the right wing. Nice duck shot!

WIlliam Maroldo
02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Thanks Denise, Paul and Kerry. Kerry, I must be going blind to not see the stick,and the smaller one to the right. Thanks for noticing. As far as noise goes, I do not find it nearly as objectionable as regular photographs. That being said, it is how fractalius with settings I used deals with OOF elements. The closest wing surface is OOF due to being outside the DOF and and in the base image there is virtually no digital noise. Usually images that I start with confine OOF to the background, which are pretty easy to deal with in PP. regards~Bill

Christopher Miller
02-06-2011, 10:30 PM
Love the pose and action, Bill. The golden color in the ULC is a nice touch. I agree with Denise and Kerry on finding the noise a bit distracting.