PDA

View Full Version : Harrier

Herb Houghton
02-05-2011, 07:07 PM
This female harrier was working a local farm. The shot was taken from a vehicle blind shortly before sunset. 1D mark IV, 800 f5.6, at iso 1250, 1/1250, f8 mounted on kirk window mount / ballhead and sidekick. I am unsure of what to do about the shadow line on the tail ?

Herb

arash_hazeghi
02-05-2011, 07:45 PM
excellent pose and nice eye contact, BG is great too, details look a bit coarse, maybe apply finer sharpening? BG can also use some NR.

Bob Pelkey
02-05-2011, 08:35 PM
The splay of the tail feathers make this image especially appealing to me. I extremely
rarely have a background that has this Monet impact which I like a lot. As far as your question
about the shadow in the tail, I wonder if it might be best to work both portions to a closer
medium than try to recover the bottom alone.

Daniel Cadieux
02-05-2011, 09:18 PM
Nice pose and look-back HA. Love the far wing, and wish the near one would be just a bit lower - but I would still be thrilled with this. The tail flare is awesome, but bummer about that shadow you mention. Not sure I'd want to mess with it too much (I'm often lazy and impatient with PP), but you could experiment using some of the top tail feathers and flip then resize/shape/colour them to match at bottom.

P.S. The colours looked way better when I viewed this in PS as you posted in RGB. Always best to convert to sRGB for web:w3.