300mm 2.8L + 1.4TC II
Tripod
1/500
f/4.0
iso 800
Fill flash with 2 430EX II flashes at 1/8 power manual ouput

Levina de Ruijter
02-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I think this is very very nice. Well exposed, nice colours and a lovely feel of Winter. I like it.

Daniel Cadieux
02-05-2011, 09:44 PM
Awesome bird, great perch, and I love the grey BG. I normally like snowflakes ion images but here find them to big and blurred...with the extra nice snow on the perch you can remove those falling flakes and still retain a strong winter feel.

On the repost, for those viewing on browsers that are not colour managed (e.g. IE, or GC), you might see the colours nicely punched-up the way Joel intended them to be...that was simply by converting the image to sRGB for web:w3.

Joel Eade
02-06-2011, 07:20 AM
Thanks Daniel,

I like the repost. I had considered removing the snow flakes, I think you're right it does look better.

Strange that you would mention sRGB as I was just reading about it and fiddling in CS5 with some images to see if I could tell a difference.,

Thanks,

Joel

Arthur Morris
02-06-2011, 07:48 PM
I love the image and the repost is even better. Lovely set-up with a dusting of snow on the tree. A nicely weathered perch and a wonderful pose with a perfect head angle and a spot on COMP.

Craig Brelsford
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Daniel's analysis and repost are very valuable. Those blurs (more blur than snowflake) needed to go. I'd have liked a little more roominess in your image but can see your reasons for cropping in close. Your thin perch is unusual and adds value to the shot.

RakeshDhareshwar
02-09-2011, 02:59 AM
The repost looks lovely . The perch as pointed out is different ....looks lovely . I would have worked on the eyes though to make it look more natural .