PDA

View Full Version : A Night at Delicate Arch

Roman Kurywczak
02-05-2011, 09:59 AM
Many of you may not know that I have just released a Nighttime Photography Guide sharing with you thetechniques, tips and secrets to capturing images such as this for yourself. This was my first attempts with the Canon Mark lll in Dec. of 2008. After this image popped up on the LCD.....I was hooked! The guide is a culmination of over 15 years of research on night photography starting in the film days with star trails. I cover photographing star points like in the image above as well as light painting in the eBook as well. I have a link to it below my signaturewhere yo ucan purchase it and you can see more of the images that are in the guide in my BPN gallery here: http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/album.php?albumid=162

Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens @ 17mm for 30 seconds at f/4 and ISO6400 all tripod mounted w/bubble level in hotshoe. Painted with large flashlight.

Dave Mills
02-05-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey Roman, skillfully handled with just enough light on the arch and snow. The stars fill the sky nicely with the soft glow in the distance. If one looks carefully you can even see detail in the shaded area behind the arch.
A variety of techniques go into making an image like this but the results pay off nicely. Well handled!!

Susan Candelario
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Hey Roman,
A Big Congrats on your new guide. I wish you all the success in the world. I am sure that it is going to do great. I enjoyed reading my copy and learning from your vast experience. I can't wait for good weather so I can go out and get some night images of my own. Perhaps even in one of your next Photo Tours.
Outstanding image in every way. I agree with David's comments above and can't really add much more than I simply would love to have this one as my own.
:5:cheers::5:cheers::5
~Susan

Hilary Hann
02-06-2011, 05:21 AM
Beautiful image Roman.

How I wish your guide had been available before my last trip to Kenya, I had such wonderful opportunities to photograph the night sky and some beautiful trees as well, but had no idea how to start.

Next time I will be prepared. :S3:

Robert Amoruso
02-06-2011, 11:26 AM
I remember you posting this once or at least I think you did and love it still.

Andrew McLachlan
02-08-2011, 07:50 PM
Very cool Roman, congrats on the guide!:5

Brendan Dozier
02-08-2011, 11:25 PM
Awesome night shot Roman, I can see why you got hooked! Congrats on the guide, hope to pick it up soon, and thanks for all of the support you give here on BPN.

Morkel Erasmus
02-09-2011, 10:57 AM
it certainly is addictive! would love to get my hands on your book sometime Roman
nice scene here! love the snow...always amazed at how our night skies differ from yours (south vs north)

Don Lacy
02-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Roman, Wonderful image love the glow and the night sky just adds a sense time to the image.

dankearl
02-20-2011, 02:21 PM
Very cool photo, I have been there several times, and seen hundreds of photos of the arch, but your night shot is the best I have seen.
Where is the guide available?

Roman Kurywczak
02-20-2011, 02:34 PM
Very cool photo, I have been there several times, and seen hundreds of photos of the arch, but your night shot is the best I have seen.
Where is the guide available?

Hey Dan,
Thanks! It is avaible through the link in my signature......but here it is: http://www.roaminwithroman.com/ebook.html
Only as a PDF right now.