PDA

View Full Version : Red-breasted Flycatcher

Daniel Stenberg
03-20-2008, 11:30 AM
The R-B Flycatchers breed in Sweden in moderate numbers. Females and 2y males don´t show the adult males bright red-orange throat and therefore it is hard to seperate the sexes from each other if you don´t hear the song. This is one of my favorite species and I´m always glad to see one and even more happy when I have the opportunity to photograph one.

About 60% of fullframe and croped horizontal. Some bakground twigs cloned out. D200 with AF-S 300/2.8 and 2x TC on Gitzo tripod and Manfrotto 393 gimbal. Island of Gotska Sandön, Baltic Sea, Sweden in May 2007.

Gus Cobos
03-20-2008, 11:39 AM
Very nice image Daniel,
Love the colors and the details on the bird. Background compliments and brings it all together.. However for my taste, I would have captured this little fellow on a horizontal frame; that way you can position him off center.

Everything else is good

CONGRATS...:D

Gus...:cool:

Judy Lynn Malloch
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
Beautiful capture Daniel with lovely detail and a killer BG. It is a real bonus for me when you are able to see the tail in focus and so visible. I do however find the crop a tad tight on the right and perhaps a bit less canvas on the bottom. Otherwise a very lovely image. Many thanks for sharing !!

John Cooper
03-20-2008, 11:47 PM
Godd exposure, detail and BG Daniel - lovely little bird - resembles our Brown Fly-catcher. Only improvement for me would be a perch more on the diagonal but......!!

Del Cockroft
03-21-2008, 06:43 AM
Sweet bird and the BG is excellent. Nicely exposed and good detail.