PDA

View Full Version : Keeping the theme

Steve Kaluski
02-03-2011, 04:48 PM
As lions and lionesses are current, I thought I would pop this one in, albeit more of a portrait 'head & shoulders' POV.

Don't normally edit & post when away as the MacBOOk pro is not colour balanced, so be interesting to see the feedback. This was taken at the start of a hunt.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 1/1250 f/4 ISO100 (slight crop, HH)

Hilary Hann
02-03-2011, 05:23 PM
Steve, colour looks good (realistic) to me. I love the detail you caught including the flies. The background and the tonal range is very much to my liking. In an ideal world I would have liked the head to have turned just a fraction towards the camera to give a bit more of the eye, but that is only because it is such a close, detailed portrait. This is a perfect shot for lion identification, all the whisker marks are easily seen and counted. :c3:

Rachel Hollander
02-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Steve - Hilary covers it all well. Color looks good to me too. Nice portrait.

TFS,
Rachel

Vivaldo Damilano
02-04-2011, 12:53 AM
I also like the detail, ESP the flies on the lions neck. The BG is also superb and the vertical comp works very well TFS:cheers::cheers:

Grant Atkinson
02-04-2011, 01:25 AM
Hi Steve, nicely done profile shot, and it looks perfectly processed, as your work always is. I like the BG, and the intent posture. It does feel a tiny bit tight on the RHS to me, but I see that the cats neck was shaded, and you were using a fixed lens.
TFS
Grant

Steve Kaluski
02-04-2011, 03:31 AM
OK, for me it's rather 'pedestrian', although it has worked well for fillers in magazines etc, but it doesn't have the WOW factor :eek: for me, compared to the more 'wider' POV we have seen recently, need to address that Grant.

There is more room all round, but quite liked just breaking into the frame. I also used Roberts 'Luminosity' tweak on this, just to see the effect, thanks Robert. :w3

it looks perfectly processed
Hummmmmmmm, after the sloppy bear posting needed to do something, but proves we are all human and don't process whilst on the hoof. :bg3:

Steve

Robert Amoruso
02-04-2011, 09:00 AM
Steve,

Great details but I agree a bit of a head turn towards you would have been nice.

Dumay de Boulle
02-05-2011, 07:16 AM
Amazing IQ and the color is perfect here.

Harshad Barve
02-06-2011, 12:59 AM
HA do not bug me as it shows her intends , cool shot Sir :cheers::cheers::cheers:
TFS