PDA

View Full Version : spidey....

bhavya joshi
02-03-2011, 04:17 AM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/hs036.snc6/166688_182208795142518_100000601962672_562341_7238 217_n.jpg%5D

Steve Maxson
02-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Hi Bhavya and welcome to Macro! Please remember to include the shooting specs for your image as that helps us make more meaningful comments and also helps everyone as we learn from each other. :S3: Jumping spiders are difficult to capture and you did a good job getting most of it within your DOF and with sharp focus on the eyes. Given that the spider is facing slightly to our right, I think the comp would be stronger if the spider was on the left side of the frame. If you were hand holding (?), a slight move to your right would have done the trick. You might also consider a vertical crop that would remove most of the left side of the image. To my eye, the image has a slight greenish color cast - you might try adding a little magenta to see if that helps. I hope to see more of your work. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
02-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey Bhavya,
Another Welcome to the forum!!! The specs help us evaluate the image more carefully and don't forget to include if you have cropped it.
I don't mind the position in the frame.....but for me this is more about a bit too much space. I would prefer to see this with a crop of about 1/2 the room above the spider (try it by scrolling the browser).....as this strengthens the composition IMO. I like Steve's suggestion on tweaking the color a touch.....but overall this was well done and looking forward to more of your images!

Ken Childs
02-04-2011, 04:28 PM
Hi Bhavya,

Jumping spiders are my favorite group of spiders so of course I like this shot. :bg3:
Steve and Roman have offered some good suggestions.....as to the comp I'm leaning towards what Roman recommends. It's an unusual idea to have the subject looking out of the frame but in this case I feel it works.

Jerry van Dijk
02-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Hi Bhavya, you've captured some nice details here! I'll second the composition advice already given.