PDA

View Full Version : Meru

Hilary Hann
02-03-2011, 04:15 AM
Meru National Park, Kenya. 5dmk2; EF24-105 @ 40mm; ISO200; f5; 1/500 HH; slight crop top and bottom.

Robert Amoruso
02-03-2011, 06:39 AM
Hilary,

The clouds are nice and the placement of the two large trees well thought out but I am bothered by the truncation of the FG. It seems to need more as the bushes end abruptly.

Dave Mills
02-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Hi Hilary, Another sweeping view with an accentuated sky. Agree with Robert's point regarding a bit more of a base. The image looked a bit flat on my screen so I took it into PS and applied S/H which gave more definition to the clouds(careful not to overdo) and levels which added contrast and lightened the image.
Another option for you is to crop the sky down to a little above the opening on the rt.

Kaushik Balakumar
02-03-2011, 12:03 PM
This is a beautiful scene Hilary.
The trees/foliage in bottom-right looks bit cluttered making the giraffes on the left-bottom almost go unnoticed.
Might be interesting to crop this image into a vertical frame. I just did a quick-and-dirty crop and did not alter anything else. Perhaps a bit more of selective work on the giraffes, and/or brightening up the image can make it pop...

Just my thoughts :)

Hilary Hann
02-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Robert, funny I hadn't noticed the foreground until I read your comments. I have more there so will have a look at it.
Dave, I'll try the cropping suggestions, along with Robert's and have another look at S/H and levels etc.
Kaushik, thanks for the re-post. At first glance I missed the expanse of sky, but on second look I can see some possibilities so will have a look at a vertical with more attention to the clouds.

Thanks everyone.

Roman Kurywczak
02-04-2011, 01:03 PM
Hi Hilary,
Sometimes the large sweeping views work with the animals in them.....sometimes the animals get lost so Kaushik's idea works for me. They all can't be winners but I do like that you are seeing things that many overlook at for that alone you should be commended!

Hilary Hann
02-05-2011, 02:43 AM
Thanks Roman, I appreciate the encouragement.