PDA

View Full Version : Desert Dunes at night

Morkel Erasmus
02-02-2011, 02:48 PM
Tomorrow morning at 5AM I'll be taking my wife to the hospital, and we will start the process of welcoming our daughter into this world.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...I'll be sure to pose some very cute HUMAN baby photos in the Family forum soon!

This photo was taken in the middle of a large salt pan in the Kalahari desert, South Africa. It's a vertical (as per request by Roman) of a similar scene I shot in landscape format.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f3.5 @ 25s @ ISO-2000

Dave Mills
02-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Morkel, First great news on the coming birth. All of us who experienced this knows what a wonderful time it is and I look forward to seeing some photos of the baby. Keep us posted!
I feel this image is stronger than the previous post. I looked at the image with a black backround which makes the sky pop with the stars filling the void.
I would generally prefer a less busy foreground but I feel you handled the techs well. I might remove the small bush thats clipping the rt side and the small stick on the lower rt...

Roman Kurywczak
02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Congrats Morkel!!!! I will keep you and your family in my prayers!

I feel this one works better and agree with Dave;s tweaks.

You will remember this moment forever!!!

Hilary Hann
02-02-2011, 11:34 PM
Morkel, I think the diagonal lines in this image work very well with the stars and the vegetation coming together at the edge of the sand. Gives it a lot of strength. Like the sand detail.

All the best for tomorrow, very exciting.

Robert Amoruso
02-03-2011, 06:38 AM
Congrats and welcome to the soon to be born one. :cheers:

I agree with the above comments and will echo my thoughts from the other image, more stars are needed to up the impact.

Andrew McLachlan
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi Morkel, congrats on the upcoming arrival of your daughter. :cheers: I too prefer this version and agree with Dave's tweaks also.

Nick Palmieri
02-04-2011, 08:17 AM
I go with Dave tweaks and less FG stuff...Congrats and good luck with the delivery!

Valerio Tarone
02-04-2011, 02:16 PM
Tomorrow morning at 5AM I'll be taking my wife to the hospital, and we will start the process of welcoming our daughter into this world.

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers...I'll be sure to pose some very cute HUMAN baby photos in the Family forum soon!

This photo was taken in the middle of a large salt pan in the Kalahari desert, South Africa. It's a vertical (as per request by Roman) of a similar scene I shot in landscape format.

Techs:
Canon 7D with 10-22mm USM
f3.5 @ 25s @ ISO-2000

Morkel congratulations ..and wellcome to the newborn!

Morkel Erasmus
02-09-2011, 09:50 AM
thanks for the comments, congratulations and suggestions, folks :)