PDA

View Full Version : Snow Day In New Jersey

Nick Palmieri
01-29-2011, 08:22 AM
We've been getting a lot of snow in the past few weeks...This was somewhat of a grab shot I made the other day when driving around to see what was going on. Canon EOS 5DMK2, 24-105mm, ISO 320, f/22, 1/80s HH from my car window. I always have a problem when no specific focal point exists in a landscape image but kind of liked the snow covered trees against the sky in this one...

Dave Mills
01-29-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi Nick, I like the light along with the snowy trees which usually doesn't last long. You are correct when you felt the image didn't have a center of interest. I might have also added a bit more of a base to the image.

Kaushik Balakumar
01-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Liked the perspective here - shooting up into sky - showing the vastly spread out trees. Wondering if this image could make an interesting B&W as well... !?
The bottom strip of snow seems to have a muddy cast (or its probably just my monitor...).

Andrew McLachlan
01-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Hi Nick, love the snow. Agree with Dave on a bit more snow at the base of the image.

Roman Kurywczak
01-30-2011, 10:01 AM
Hey Nick,
Have to admit......this one is just not working for me at all.....sorry. The comp .....besides not having a center of interest... the lines in the image aren't all that graphically pleasing to me either. Fortunately, we still have plenty of snow to try this again.

denise ippolito
01-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Nick, I love trees and this appeals to me. The color of the sky with the snowy trees is lovely. I do wish that there was a bit more space on the bottom.:S3: I would also try this as a Mini-World.
But do keep in mind that I am not a Landscape Photog.
d

Nick Palmieri
01-30-2011, 01:16 PM
Thanks gang, This wasn't meant to be a perfect landscape shot, just a documentation of a snowy morning...Kaushik, I really like the B&W idea and here it is, I also added to the bottom (Roman still won't like it!). Hey Denise I will try my first mini-world on this one...Will post in OOTB later.

Robert Amoruso
01-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Nick,

I like the B&W and color versions and I like the low POV. More ground is good as well. Guess I like it better than Roman. :w3

Another option would have been a fisheye from this vantage point as well as laying in the snow and looking up through the trees with the fisheye.