PDA

View Full Version : Colours

Kaushik Balakumar
01-29-2011, 07:31 AM
The original image was a focus stack from 8 individual frames (yup, bit of an overkill) for more DOF. It was shot against a white BG. I did'nt like the white BG much and hence played around by adding another texture layer on top with minor tweaking with burning & dodging.

Critiques, tips to improve are most welcome...

denise ippolito
01-29-2011, 08:28 AM
Very crisp looking daisy. I bet the original w/ the white BG is lovely too. The soft color palette you chose for the BG is wonderful. Nice composition with the curved line of the stem and the line leaf. Nice to see you posting here:S3:

Christopher Miller
01-29-2011, 11:10 AM
Very lovely work, Kaushik! :S3: I love the simple composition of the daisy and the pastel colored BG complements it beautifully. Excellent sharpness on the daisy too. I might lighten the dark area just above the daisy a little. Very nicely done!

Indranil Sircar
01-29-2011, 02:31 PM
Very artistic and a beautiful image, Kaushik. I like the simplicity and pleasing colors here. Nice sharpness on the daisy. Nicely done.

Andrew McLachlan
01-29-2011, 09:07 PM
Very nicely done Kaushik, lovely on all counts!

Kerry Perkins
01-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Hello Kaushik, I love the contrast of the sharp flower to the soft pastel (both color and medium) of the background. Good choice and arrangement of the colors for the bg and lovely, delicate composition. How did you create the colors? I would suggest lightening the end of the leaf, where it gets very dark.

Hope to see more of your work!

Cheryl Slechta
01-29-2011, 10:30 PM
Kaushik, this is lovely in it's simplicity. The texture adds a lot to the image. I'd like to see the dark spot below the bottom leaf just a little lighter:S3: